Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I was actually a brass player and vocalist in high school. Played trombone, baritone, and some tuba. I actually still play once a year. The college here holds a benifit concert for the fire department once a year. It's our biggest fund raiser. And every year, the bottom six firefighters get up in their bunkers and play a siren, bell, and some other fun things as the college band plays Arthur Fiedler's "Third Alarm March." And those of us on the department who play a real instrument get up there too and make fools out of our self. Great way to show the community what your really made of!!

Stay safe
    O.L. FF/EMT G.V.F.D.

Comment

I'm a drummer. I play some of everything. Jazz, rock, whatever I feel like at that time. My favorite is rock. I played in school, and have an old pearl set but I don't have much time to play anymore.
      You gain strength courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.
      - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Scene25 -

A feedback destroyer. Set up the PA, crank it up in increments with open mics. It acts like an automatic graphic equalizer, kills the feedback freqs as they happen, notches and stores about 24 frequencies. Costs around $200 and well worth it.

Also, use the 15s for subs and get a set of decent mains if you can afford it. Something with 12s or 10s.

Well...

I finally broke down, and bought a PA System. Actually, my brother and I bought it. 1000 watt / 12 channel, 2 15"ers.

My question to the guitar posters...

What would you purchase along with the PA System for better sound in smaller clubs etc?
        Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

Comment

I play Jazz on Selmer Mark VI alto and soprano saxes that I bought in 1963. Started playing in 1943. Took up and still play Gretsch Drums I bought in 1968. All play better then anything else I've tried since.
          Bob Compton
          IACOJ-Proud
          IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Comment

Well I use a peavy studio chours twin speaker amp. I't's good and you can plug it into your pa if you need bigger sound!!
            Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X