Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving along in my automobile, I play a mean steering wheel and air guitar!

And sing! Man I sound exactly like whoever is on.

OK, I'll go home now...
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

I get even with my noisy nosey neighbors by breaking out a couple of six packs, dragging the old accordion out from under the bed, and playing Donna Summer's "Last Dance" over and over and over until they call the cops.

Comment

KillerB...there's nothing as sweet as a B-3 through twin Leslies
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I can play the RADIO!!! Oh, and the nose, yeah, I play my nose...

But seriously, I sing (gee, where's all the vocalists ) I drum a little... I know, drummers AIN'T musicians LOL, and some keyboard!

Comment

I play guitar and get a lot of tab music off of harmony central (HINT HINT)I Can play a thousand riffs but can only finish about 1/2 dozen songs. One of my partners at the station was a lead singer in a band out of vancouver BC. It was during the 80's he was in the opening band for Boston and Glass tiger. Its pretty cool he obtained free tickets for a boston concert for all us A-shifters with back stage passes. I actually have photos of myself and the lead singer of boston.

Comment

Captain Gonzo -

You are correct, sir.

I used the Korg by itself for a while. It has fairly decent organ sounds for a synth. Then one of the other guys in the band came up with an old Leslie 122, so I bought a Trek pre-amp. NOT TOO SHABBY -- Korg through the 122.

Then I found out a guy I work with rents B3s and Leslies on the side. He's got three B3's and seven Leslies.

He's a great guy - when we play, he drags that heavy ol' B3 out to the gig, brings another 122 and the dual cable to drive both of them. And he only charges me 20 bucks. Heck, if I owned it, I'd PAY somebody 20 bucks just to unload it and load it. Not too many local bands draggin' them around any more.

If some of you people don't know what we're talking about, when you hear a song and you think "boy that organ sounds good", it's probably a B3 through a Leslie cabinet.

I'm here to testify...NOTHING sounds like a Hammond except a Hammond.

Asst. Chief Bill
              Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

Comment

Well, since singing does matter, count me in. I try NOT to sound like whoever did the song originally, and have great success at that! Do a little singing with the church choir/cantata, some solo, and whatever drama production they put on--guess that makes me a "ham", not that anybody who knows me would disagree there!
                Anybody know of any "Firehouse quartets" out there? I did say 'quartets', not quints!

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: huff317 ]
                Oklahoma Bound!

Comment

We'll just throw this one out there...

As we just happened to be surfing the boards, one of our new live in members, who has won national championships, is playing a harp in our dayroom....not a bad way to relax before evening housework. She's a paramedic student at George Washington University, in Washington, D.C.

WebTeam

Comment

I got my dream guitar today. This is the guitar I have wanted since I started playing. Yep, I got my Gibson Explorer, that thing is nice. It has a great feel, tone, and sustain that is unreal, I love it. But i didn't get the Digitech effects processor like I originally wanted however, i did get the ZOOM 505II. That thing is sweet, it has 33 different effects, 4 amp modeling sounds, and a built in tuner. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.

Comment

Gibsons ROAR, man.

Now all you need is a Fender Twin Reverb.

And a few chops.
                      Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

Comment

Well...

I finally broke down, and bought a PA System. Actually, my brother and I bought it. 1000 watt / 12 channel, 2 15"ers.

My question to the guitar posters...

What would you purchase along with the PA System for better sound in smaller clubs etc?
                        John Williams
                        NRFF1
                        City of Clairton
                        Fire / EMS

Comment

Re: Well...

Originally posted by Scene25
                          I finally broke down, and bought a PA System. Actually, my brother and I bought it. 1000 watt / 12 channel, 2 15"ers.

My question to the guitar posters...

What would you purchase along with the PA System for better sound in smaller clubs etc?
                          John Williams
                          NRFF1
                          City of Clairton
                          Fire / EMS

Comment

What a great idea for a post! I'm a huge fan of jazz (probably will lose a few with listing my favorite performers, but here goes it)...
                            Since music is my only true "vice", I've spent a ridiculous amount of $$$ over the years on equipment - this statement per my wife! I'm a bassist and my main instrument is a Yamaha TRB6-six string bass which I run through a SWR SM400S tube head into a BagEnd 2X10 cabinet. The setup is small but unbelievably powerful. Don't really mess around with signal processors much, but a touch of chorus sounds nice. I play stuff along the lines of Chick Corea, Lee Ritenour, The Rippingtons, Spyro Gyra, FourPlay, and any other high energy jazz music. Years ago, it was Rush, Van Halen and the typical top 40 tunes. I actually played in jazz band in high school, and did a small venue club tour before joining the Air Force in 1986.
                            Brian Rowe
                            Paramedic/Engineer
                            Colleton County Fire/Rescue

Comment

Musical Firefighter

Well Let me tell you! I started playing gutiar when just a kid. I played semi-professionally for about 4 years as a tenager. I played professionally for 15 years plus, then retired from the industry. It is a hard way to make a living!! I was lead singer, and rythm/lead gutiar.

I now just lay for myself. Like any kind of music, with the exception of opera, and rap!

A firefighter's band might be in order!

HVFD32
                              Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way!

Comment

Count me in for guitar as well. I have a Martin D12-28, a Shelby accoustic, Sigma accoustic, and a Strat. I like to play anything people will sing along with. I strum along okay but my only real talent is I remember most of the words.

Never met a campfire I didn't like.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X