Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my department we usually dump all three of our stations for the majority of our parades. However, these units are NEVER out of service during this time, and respond to alarms directly from the parade route. It's not common, but has occasionally happened.

I've never heard of any "wet downs" in my area.
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Lt. Snyder, what about when your company or dept. had an instillation dinner, or some other type dinner, where you know damn well, guys are getting liquored up. don't you have stand by crews from another area, standby for your town/ response area? or if your comp. / dept. is hosting a big parade . . . same thing, standby crews?

(#1 - i'm not bashing you, and #2 my chiefs have shown why it takes an active, and aggressive company to run my dept.

THREE TIMES, AND IT STILL WON'T EDIT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: toneloc177 ]
      May God bless all the people and families who have lost
      their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
      [email protected]

Comment

We attend one parade per year that is almost a political neccessity. Fortunately for us the parade route is only two miles from one of our stations. We use our oldest truck and have enough remaining engines to cover "normal" calls. The only other time an engine is out of the district is for mutual aid calls. The Board of Directors because of liability reasons enacted this policy years before I became chief.
        "Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions, they are a lot easier to handle than dumb mistakes"
        Author Unknown

Comment

Well I expect to hear some [email protected]@t on this but, parades and wet downs are just enother excuse for a bunch of free beer happy yahoos to get all fired up, this crap about unity and social good will is just the curtian used to cover up a disgrace to the fire service. Just what the community needs to see, all the rigs form the surrounding area covered with a bunch of so called fireman yapping and hooting and cursing and exhibting unexceptable behavior all under the heading of a "WETDOWN" or a "PARADE". What a disgrace. Not everyone that goes and participates in these events doesn't do this but you all know that it happens.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X