X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLE
    replied
    "Bustin' ours to save yours" (butt)

Go to the next city...... I really don't think it would be a good idea to work with anyone who doesn't want you there. Just be patient though and don't let them get ya down!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• canman
    replied
    Follow your dreams young lady and become the best firefighter you can be and to heck with those other guys. Why there's afew women on my dept. that I'd rather have follow me into a burning building ovr some of the men."Firefighters heros of today"

Leave a comment:

• NY Smokey
    replied
    Call911,

This is a favorite of mine.

"I have no ambition in this world but one and that is to be a fireman. The position may in the eyes of some appear to be a lowly one; But those who know the work which a fireman has to do believe his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save...lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even of supreme sacrifice."

Edward F. Crocker
    Chief of Department
    F.D.N.Y
    1899-1911

Good luck with your project and in the future!

Leave a comment:

• Call911
    replied
    Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe a paramedic would be the way to go first. I just talked to my brother's friend who is a firefighter's son and he told me to use "The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave." You're right. Who cares what they think? I just need to go for it.

Leave a comment:

• OFDLUIT33
    replied
    Call911 do not give up on your dream just because they don't like women in the firehouse . The best way to get into the fire service is to become a paramedic first because thats what everyone is short on right now and it's eaiser to cross train to becomeing a firefighter than the other way. As a quote for you I'm not very good at that.

Leave a comment:

• GO4IT
    replied
    you already said it " life or death they're the difference"

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: GO4IT ]

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: GO4IT ]

Leave a comment:

• Call911
    started a topic Any Ideas?

Any Ideas?

Hey guys. I'm 14-years-old girl and am really in to EMS and firefighting. Recently I was asked to do a drawing for some of the firefighters that my mom works with. They said that they want to frame in and hang it in their station. I did the drawing for them; it's in colored pencil. It's of 4 firefighters facing a burning building with the truck off to the left.
    They don't know it, (no body knows it,) but I want to be a firefighter/paramedic. I've been on a few ride alongs with them and want to go again, but they've only asked my twin brother. They don't aprove of women in the firehouse. Needless to say, I was hurt. Oh well. That doesn't matter.
    What I'm looking for are ideas of quotes or something that I can write on the back of this picture. Something that lets them know that they're my heroes, but not something that will give away the fact that I want to be a firefighter also. Quotes, sayings, whatever. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X