This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Fire

I'm a paramedic myself, so I don't know much about firefighting. I have a few questions I hope someone can help me out with..

I had a house fire last October. I finally obtained a copy of the report from the fire department a few days ago. It basically doesn't tell me anything. Under cause of ignition is says "cause under investigation" Factors contributing to ignition "undetermined", area of fire origin "undetermined"...and on and on. The fire was almost a year ago and the investigation is closed...why doesnt it have all that information? I mean, the guy didn't even spell my name right in the report...The facts are totally wrong and way off base of what i told the fire marshal when he asked...

The county arson investigator was also called out. Would he have done a seperate report? If so, is that public information, would i be able to get a copy of it? And where would i get that? I assume from the sheriff's dept....

Thanks for any help anyone can give me...I mean, everything is said and done with, the house is being rebuilt..I'm just curious, I want to know what happened...

Erin

A couple of phone calls ought to be able to straighten it out. It could be that the investigators just ruled out arson. Some fires are never figured out. It could be that the person that investigated it or filed the report is gone to another job.
    Call the fire dept that filed it and ask. Call the county to get the information that you need.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X