FIREFIGHTING GAME????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIREFIGHTING GAME????

I was at a local software store when a computer game caught my eye. It is a simulation of fighting fires and saving people from burning buildings. When I asked the clerk about it he showed me another game that was very similar. I was thinking about buying it but it carried a nice price tag of $40. Before I buy it I want to know if any of you have played the game before, and if so is it worth buying?

For more information on the game go to www.gamestop.com and search for "Fire Rescue" under PC games.

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: pfr172 ]

If it called "Firefighters" and has a firefighter in full PPE's standing in the middle of a malties cross w/ fire, on the cover. DO NOT buy it. My wife got it for me when she was out shopping for my son. It is lame! Also I had no idea how much she spent on it. Thanks now she's in big trouble.

Comment

Actually it is called "911 Fire Rescue", and according to www.gamestop.com it was only $20, but the store in Plano was selling it for $40.

Comment

I have the game that Branon was talking about and it was pretty lame. The one your looking at is not the same one. I only wish that on titles like that, they would make it more "replayable"

Jason

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: JasonTFD ]
        Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome

Comment

There is another game out called "In the line of duty Firefighter". Its not a bad game for the most part, but unfortunately you don't get to do interior attack It lacks a bit of realism but hey, its just a game.
          When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

Comment

I have "In the Line of Duty: Firefighter." Not altogether terrible. There are also police scenarios, which is the one I'm stuck on now- the riot at the soccer game.

Comment

I have the 911 Fire Rescue game and it's not too bad! It has good graphics and it is a lot more realistic than the other to games listed above!
              Volunteer(noun): Completely Under-paid Professional

Comment

Hey Branon, I got the same game for only $19.99 so go easy on her. She probably saw the firefighters, thought warm, happy thoughts of you and bought it to see her favorite guy be happy. Has anyone had any trouble getting their's to run. I have Windows 2001 ME (or whatever the heck its called) and it locks up every time. Someone said there is a patch that you can download from the net, but, I haven't found it yet. Or does it suck enough that I shouldn't bother?
                Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

I bought it and couldn't get it to work at all. I installed and reinstalled until I finally gave up.

I did find one thing good about it though. When you throw the disk, it makes a great frisbee or clay target.

Ed Brando
                  I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

Comment

I got that game "Rescue Firefighters" from Wal-Mart for 9.99. It has guys with water paks and stuff. It always freezes
                    Explorer
                    Ladder 111
                    Rescue 5
                    Squad 288

Comment

So basically the game is really just an expensive frisbee??
                      Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

I got both games at home, and I like them.... I only paid 19.99 usd for the 911 fire rescue, and 9.99 can$$ for In the Line of Duty one. Not bad for the price!
                        Joel

Lets never forget the events of 9-11

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

Comment

Bear:

Frisbees? Surely you can do better than that?!?

Superglue 3 of them together and use them in place of clay pigeons.

Cut one up and melt it, use the melted plastic to seal the hole and use them as coasters.

With some 1/4" dowel and fishing line, they make cool mobiles, even better if they have pretty pictures on one side.

Comment

I know of 3 fire fighting games you might be interested in, the Fire Department series (also known as fire captain and some other bames) is very good where you are in charge of a group of firemen and a vehicle or two and you go through different cities and disasters putting out fires both outside and inside and rescuing people but unfortunately that is really all it is, theres no roof opps etc or any thing like that. The emergency series is also very good, you are in control of fire, police and ambulance in different disasters in like a county with some over seas ops. The standard units are european based (german i think) but there is a free download known as the LA mod which has LA units, missions and is very good if you prefer american units. it is mainly outside work and again there is no roof work etc but it has the added bonus of multiplayer (also compatible with LA mod) where you work together in a city and i recomend the game. The final game i have never played but have heard about it, its a ps2 game (i think) where you are a firefighter and you have to go into buildings putting out fires and rescuing people, that is all i know about it though and i dont know the name so you'll have to do some reasearch to find out more. Hope this helps

Comment

Game? Game??? This job in not a game. It is a profession and it should never be thought as a game.

I would invest my time and money in something as training manuals, courses and the like.

My old department has never use "play stuff" to train our members. It is called fire attack in live fire conditions. Dragging a hose line in knocking the fire down, doing some vent work, search, and checking for extenson. Throwing real actual ladders off the ladder truck, carrying up an ladder or stairwell, a smoke ejectors and getting it into operation. Dragging hose up the same or another ladder and stairwell or in some cases hoisting it on the outside of the tower to the 5th floor.

Pull all the hose line out, repack it and do it all over again until you could do it in your sleep, and then do it again. The more you preform these tasks the better you will be. There isn't anything like the real thing!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...