Your oldest apparatus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiller:
    It's a conventional cab. Very cramped quarters inside. It's hard to put two men in there with TOG on, much less trying to pack up in the officer's seat. When I drive, I usually throw my gear in the back compartment or in the tray above the pump.

Found a half decent pic at work:

The picture is weird, the trucks aren't that annoyingly bright yellow. That truck is sharp, though, when you see it in person, and that baby can MOVE.
    Last edited by SpartanGuy; 11-03-2004, 01:40 PM.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

Comment

Spartan Guy

Ours looks nicer....LOL

1976 Kenworth/Pierce 2000GPM Pumper
      Detroit 8V92TA 475HP Motor W/Allison Auto
      Carries 2000' of 5" Hose and LDH adapters.
      Designated our "Water Supply Unit."

That Tanker does look sharp though...Where are you located? On the East Coast? I know the Seattle Area used alot of KW apparatus.
      Attached Files
      Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Comment

More

1973 Maxim "S" Model. Formerly Engine 251. Was rolled over in a Collision in 1990 and rehabbed.....
        Attached Files

Comment

1973 Maxim "S" Reincarnated....

to a 1990 Maxim/Spartan/Mason-Dixon Fire Apparatus. Designation changed to Foam 25 in 1986 when our current Engine 251 (1986 Pierce) was delivered and our Old Foam Unit took a crap.

1250 GPM Pump, 400GWT, 400GFT.
          Detroit 8V-71 325HP (LOUD and Fast)
          Allison Auto Trans.
          Attached Files

Comment

Our "old baby" is a 1968 Mack Engine, We use it as a "Reserve" piece but it has seen a few inital attacks in the last few years
            Attached Files
            NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
            IAEP Local 152
            "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Comment

1895 Hose Cart
              next oldest is a 1941 GMC midship (was a WWII Army fire truck, our village obtained in 1948)
              Third Oldest - 1966 IH "bucket truck" with front mount pump

Comment

Our oldest is a 1978 Ford with 750 tank and 750 gmp pump. It's our reserve and doesn't run calls or parades. It's just there for ISO credits but we are looking to get rid of it and put our next oldest pumper into reserve. If so, then our 1986 Ford with 750 tank and 1250 gpm pump would be reserve and it still runs good if we need to put it in service.
                ---
                photo is of our reserve pumper
                Attached Files
                Steve
                EMT/Security Officer

Comment

And heres' a pic of our 1986 Ford Pumper. 750 tank and 1250gpm pump. Still in service and my favorite truck to drive in any parades. It runs like a champ but with no air conditioner or AM/FM radio it's not a favorite among most of our vollies. But I love it and even though it may become our Reserve in the near future it will still pump as well as anything we have bought lately.
                  Attached Files
                  Steve
                  EMT/Security Officer

Comment

Re: oldest apparatus

Our oldest apparatus is a 1982 Crown Pumper. We aquired it early this year from the Marysville Fire District (Sno. Co. WA) Our Volunteers put many hours into refurbishing the engine to match our first out. With a black over red paint scheme, all the diamond plate was polished and we had all the compartments done with "Line - X." The engine is a strong runner and still pumps with the best of them. It is said that this crown was one of the very last to roll out of the plant from the crown company, shortly after being put in service the crown was first in on a second alarm hanger fire. The crown is second out to our 2002 Pierce Quantum.
                    Last edited by jstocker; 11-03-2004, 06:19 PM.
                    J. Stocker
                    Getchell Fire
                    Bulldogs

Comment

We have two "parade" pieces that we regularly take to parades in our area, first we have an 1866 Amoskeag Steamer which was operational until 1995 when the boiler broke (we are in the process of getting funding for it) and a 1932 Sanford Hose Cart.
                      Attached Files
                      NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
                      IAEP Local 152

Comment

Our 1932 Sanford Hose Cart
                        Attached Files
                        NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
                        IAEP Local 152

Comment

Tillerman.
                          Whats that thing sticking out the hose bed on the second photo?
                          I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Comment

Our oldest (still in use) is a 1977 Pierce/International Tele-Squirt.....

Have an older parade truck. I think late 50s....... Will have to find a pic......
                            The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                            We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                            IACOJ

Comment

OK....... I think these are the same truck (it's hard to tell from the pics)........

The truck on the far right.......... It is in the process of being refurbished.......

The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                              We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                              IACOJ

Comment

we still operate a 1969 American LaFrance Snorkel. We also have our antique for the 1930s, which can still drive and pump.
                                If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X