• Show
Clear All

• cfi268
    replied
    Box Alarm Leather.com

Leave a comment:

• SkullKrusher2010
    replied
    Just checked those sites out.. Excellent work.

Visually it goes to Firefighter Shields, but musically, it goes to Fireline Shields. That background music is awesome. I wonder who it is.

Leave a comment:

• QueenCityFF
    replied
    Try Fireline Shields out of Charlotte, NC. They're all hand carved on pretty thick pieces of leather. I don't have one yet (getting one soon), but his shields have held up very well.

You could also try Firefighter Shields in NC as well.

Leave a comment:

• WD6956
    replied
    And to add, i second DE Williams shields for the flag work. His stuff is top notch. F&T shields does beautiful work as well.

The Fire Store fronts are made by Shields of Valor and the quality is excellent. We got a big batch of them and have no complaints. They all had the brass stiffner bar standard.

I have an older Cairns shield which works great. I posted my issue with Paul Conway shields in a thread about a year ago. The shield i ordered was nothing like what the website showed. Not even close. I wrote them an e-mail explaining in detail all my issues and i got a one line response saying "That is the way it is". Paul Conway shields will never see my money again and i will continue to let people know they clearly are not concerned with making customers happy. And all bias aside, their is nothing at all about Conway that made their shields any better then Cairns or D.E. Williams anyhow. They are all good quality.

Leave a comment:

• WD6956
    replied
    Originally posted by The Beast View Post
    .............. x100.
    X200. I know this thread is super ancient, but i agree.

Leave a comment:

• IronValor
    replied
    I use the Firestore helmet fronts. I have never had a problem out of them.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Hmmm...........

It ain't Rocket Science........ Take a piece of Aluminum Diamondplate, Borrow one of the sawzalls off the Squad..................

Leave a comment:

• SkullKrusher2010
    replied
    Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
    Best Shields made by man! They are so well made that they don't have to have a tin strip. They are a bit slower then the other guys, but it is well worth the wait.
    I beg to differ, my friend.. Check out Bryan Purtle's work..

http://redhouseshields.com/

all hand made, including the stitching for now. He will make anything you have as far as ideas for a leather shield.

His shields are real thick.

Leave a comment:

• BULL321
    replied
    Originally posted by aromania View Post
    Best Shields made by man! They are so well made that they don't have to have a tin strip. They are a bit slower then the other guys, but it is well worth the wait.

Leave a comment:

• The Beast
    replied
    Originally posted by ffspo0k View Post
    Just a quick bit of advice, everyone I know who owns/owned a ben 2 hated it. There is no heat protection, little impact protection, and it sits very high and uncomfortable on your head. The cairns 1010/1000 is a much better helmet for your money, a lot more comfortable and a lot more heat protection.
    .............. x100.

Leave a comment:

• aromania
    replied
    Originally posted by Robertsc View Post
    I am looking for something specific. We have leather fronts for our helmets that have a background of an american flag http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...type=1&theater Do you guys know where I can purchase these?
    Try http://www.dewilliamsshields.com/sha/shields.htm.

Leave a comment:

• Robertsc
    replied
    I am looking for a front for a Carins 1010

I am looking for something specific. We have leather fronts for our helmets that have a background of an american flag http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...type=1&theater Do you guys know where I can purchase these?

Leave a comment:

• phxcom
    replied
    leather fronts

try www.fdhelmets.com for 8" fronts- metal and leather for presentation or display only. Custom engraving on copper,brass or nickel plated shields also retirement plaques with shield or trumpet( brass or nickel plated ).
    Last edited by phxcom; 02-06-2009, 10:54 AM. Reason: add new options

Leave a comment:

• RS-1Alum
    replied
    I've tried them all at one time or another. Cairns seem to melt sooner than any of them. Conway shields are built thick and duarble but the wiating period has gone up steadily since they were "discovered." The firestore has sent the last 2 orders to me in less than 10 days from the date of order, but their workmanship, like the guy above said, is off centered if you want an insert style shield. The "Boston" style is the best for my money that I've worn. Just a plain old shield with a number cut into it.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: RS-1Alum ]

Leave a comment:

• trumpeter75
    replied
    Paul Conway fronts are good; that's what we use. A friend of mine in our department told me once that Cairns fronts can come apart easily, but I have no first-hand knowledge of this.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X