Leather Fronts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Fronts

I'm thinking of buying a Ben 2 Plus helmet and was hoping someone could recommend a good place to purchase a leather front. I wanted to get a NYC style front. Thanks in advance!
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

check out thefirestore.com ,they have a big selection of leather fronts, you may find what your looking for there.

Comment

The best leather helmet fronts I have owned came from Paul Conway Shields. They make them for all brands of fire helmets, their quality is excellent. Their web site is www.paulconwayshields.com

[ 07-21-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Like Captain Gonzo said, Paul Conway shields is the way to go.

Comment

Paul Conway, Firestore.com, Cairns and Morning Pride all make decent helmet fronts. Just make sure you get one with a metal tab on the back to keep it's shape, otherwise they will always "flatten out" which, to me, just doesn't look right.

Comment

The fronts from the FireStore.Com are actually made by Paul Conway...I don't believe the Conway Fronts have the metal tab like the ones made by Cairns.

Be Safe Brothers.

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB
            FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB

Comment

Originally posted by FFShooty:
              The fronts from the FireStore.Com are actually made by Paul Conway...I don't believe the Conway Fronts have the metal tab like the ones made by Cairns.

Be Safe Brothers.

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB
              Actually, the fronts made by Firestore.com aren't made by Paul Conway...and if you specify that you want a metal tab backing on your front Conway will make it.

Comment

Hog....I stand corrected on that....I've ordered fronts from both and they're very similiar in make and construction.

Thanks for setting me straight brother!
                FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB

Comment

Somehow I got stuck with the honor of being the "go to" guy for helmet fronts in my firehouse. It's not much of an honor, but I'll take what I can get.

Leather forever, Bro!

Comment

Paul Conway offers a brass support on the back of the leather fronts it cost a dealer $1.00 extra they will also pre-drill the holes if you ask them to. The quality is great.

Comment

I will only buy Cairns fronts...we had some guys who got the ones from thefirestore.com, and they came in real flimsy. I ordered a NY style Paul Conway and was totally unhappy, as the numbers in the insert were off center and slightly crooked, and they added the brass stiffener and screwed it up (the rivets were all bent out of shape and crooked). I have never had a problem with a Cairns front.
                      My views are, of course, mine alone, and do not necessarily represent the opinion of my station

"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. " ~ Robert Ingersoll

Comment

Just A thought, but Morning Pride devotes the last half of the Helmet catalog to leather fronts. Its cheaper to buy it with the helmet and they do have NY style. I use this helmet and front with no problems or regrets.

Scott
                        www.miamivalleyfools.org

Comment

Just a quick bit of advice, everyone I know who owns/owned a ben 2 hated it. There is no heat protection, little impact protection, and it sits very high and uncomfortable on your head. The cairns 1010/1000 is a much better helmet for your money, a lot more comfortable and a lot more heat protection.

Comment

Paul Conway fronts are good; that's what we use. A friend of mine in our department told me once that Cairns fronts can come apart easily, but I have no first-hand knowledge of this.
                            I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I've tried them all at one time or another. Cairns seem to melt sooner than any of them. Conway shields are built thick and duarble but the wiating period has gone up steadily since they were "discovered." The firestore has sent the last 2 orders to me in less than 10 days from the date of order, but their workmanship, like the guy above said, is off centered if you want an insert style shield. The "Boston" style is the best for my money that I've worn. Just a plain old shield with a number cut into it.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: RS-1Alum ]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X