Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush and Marta Limbaugh's donation...Thank You!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush and Marta Limbaugh's donation...Thank You!

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative radio personality and his wife Marta
    donated $200,000 to the Post Astoria fund for the FDNY 3 who died in the line of duty at a hardware store fire/building collapse a few weeks ago.

Quoted from the Firehouse.com news story....

"They do things most of us will not do and they sometimes die doing it," he said. "They are unique people, greatly undercompensated relative to what they do.

"I am overawed by that, as I am by people who volunteer for the armed services."

We as firefighters might not always agree with Rush's political views, but this shows that what we do transcends politics. Every day, our Brothers and Sisters, career and volunteer firefighters alike answer the call, not knowing if it will be the final alarm.

I hope that other celebrities (pro sports, media, actors, etc) follow Rush and Marta's lead.

Thank you, Rush and Marta for helping the families of our fallen brothers.

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

It was an incredible gesture... But to clarify Gonzo, you seemed to lump all Firefighters Politcal views together... I must say as a Firefighter I usually do agree with his views, and feel if you spend some time listening to his show you might agree with more than you think.

Please don't take my remarks as an attack, just my viewpoint.

Comment

It should not matter if we agree with him or not, what we should do now is give a BIG THANK YOU to RUSH LIMBAUGH...

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Billy Mott ]

Comment

Thanks Rush!
        It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

Rush, I'm speechless. But not surprised. Anyone who listens to the man for more than a few minutes realizes that he's smart, well-read, and big-hearted.

Thanks, Rush!
          "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Gee, I wonder how much money Jesse Jackson will be giving?
            "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

I wonder how much money Jesse Jackson will be giving?

I can let the poverty pimp slide on this one. He's from Chicago and Rush is from NY.

BUT!

That being said, I now wonder how much sharpton and clinton gave?
              It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

A BIG Thank-You to Rush and Marta! Ditto's

Comment

A Big THANKS to the Rush Limbaugh family and all of the others that have supported this cause. WAY TO GO.

Comment

A heartfelt THANK YOU to Rush & Marta Limbaugh.

Comment

Major League Baseball catcher Mike Pizza (NY Mets) donated a big chunk of his all star game earnings to the same cause. Thanks Rush and Mike

Comment

Thanx Mike & Rush!!!
                        Opinions stated are mine only and do not reflect those of my companies.

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

Originally posted by mongofire_99:
                          I wonder how much money Jesse Jackson will be giving?

I can let the poverty pimp slide on this one. He's from Chicago and Rush is from NY.

BUT!

That being said, I now wonder how much sharpton and clinton gave?
                          Don't hold your breath. The firefighters that died were neither black nor female.

Joe Black

Comment

My thoughts exactly Bucks. Say, was that your guys that got hurt back east a few weeks ago? We heard about some Bucks CO. PA ff, getting injured.

Also, along with everyone else here, thanks to Piazza and remember we need to thank everybody that donated what they could to benefit these guys families. Some couldn't give $200K and that's OK. They gave what they could.

Comment

Mega Dittos!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...