Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man Barney whats the matter?Not easy being purple :P.You sir are a disgrace,too bad you are hidden on here cause I know you would never say that in real life to any lady firefighter.But if you do I would love to be there and watch you get your *** handed to you.I need a laugh.
    Oh and by the way.Wouldnt the saline start to boil?(sorry couldnt resist)

Comment

If the dress code is the only prob than i feel an officer needs to grow up and take her aside and explain everyything.. maybe a simple dress code is in order. something simple like a t shirt. It doesn't have to be a full uniform!
      Remember the basic rule ...no matter what race / gender as long as they can do the job and pull there weight they are ok in my book!

Watch each other backs out there!
      John Emkey

Comment

when we get new members they get a background check from he!!. first we run there record through the county computer see if they have any felonies then if that comes back clean then the chief and officers interview em(asking questions like whats your job? can you handle running stairs fast? stuff like that)
        then the last phase is we ask people in the community if this person a good guy or lady for our f.d. Usually they say yes. and if all 3 parts of that process comes back good then there on. and we're a volunteer f.d.
        Not to be mean there's no way being a stripper she'd ever get into our f.d. I'm kinda of glad of that cause you know you got kids and other community members who look up to you and striping isn't exactly a honorable trade. but if a strip club was on fire and we got paged I wouldn't mind being a interior team .
        just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

how about keeping a fire dept. t shirt and a pair of army style bdu pants on the truck. they would be easy to put on, shield her from steam and are tough as nails. i wish we had one on our dept. then we would probably be getting better turnouts at our fire's.
          One foot in Hell and waiting on water !!!

Comment

Simple solution.......make a dress code and STRICTLY enfore it.
            Do your job and be judged on the merits of your performance....NOT on "Gee look how cute I am"
            There is no room in the fire service for "Badge Bunnies"
            JMD

Comment

Originally posted by Maplewood F.D.:
              Not to be mean there's no way being a stripper she'd ever get into our f.d. I'm kinda of glad of that cause you know you got kids and other community members who look up to you and striping isn't exactly a honorable trade. but if a strip club was on fire and we got paged I wouldn't mind being a interior team .
              just my 2 cents worth.

So what exactly would be your basis for not hiring this person? Her profession is not illegal and the morality of it depends upon "opinion". There is no legal way you can disqualify a candidate because of "opinion". If you were to turn down someone who was an exotic dancer because someone didn't like their job, you could open yourselves up for a law suit. You could also open a whole different can of worms should some "Trouble Shooter" reporter get onto this and start exposing some immoral things that could be dug up on other members of the department.

We need dedicated volunteers too badly to be turning them away based upon their jobs. The previaling response here is still what I think is best. Require a minimum dress code and let it go at that.
              Richard Nester
              Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

Well, it's not safe, that's for sure. Not for her or the guys with eyes popping out of their heads. So ask her to keep some spare clothes on her rack - uh, gear rack, that is.

Or, failing that, I could always use some help with my fire prevention activities. Not to mention the fact that I'm sure having her around would help with membership rates. I'd stick around, that's for sure.
                Hey, stay safe.

Comment

if she was here we'd probably have to take her on but i wouldn't be happy bout it cause. Let's say we have something on a ballot. Around here its unusual for a F.D. to pass something 1st time around.you know people who are against are gonna say out in the community well you know so and so is a stripper. Plus I think firefighting as kinda of a role model to younger kids in the community. and Stripping isn't exactly a honorable trade in my book.

Comment

can u say "MOUTH TO MOUTH"

Comment

My opinion, we should finance our VFD with a massage parlor upstairs.

You guessed right; I'd never get voted Chief.

Comment

I AM going to look at BOTH sides of this issue...

Gee, she possibly has a job that is not as highly dedicated as some of OURS? Well, that DOES open a can of worms, doesn't it?

I guess she should quit her job and become a: trash person, janitor, mechanic, truck driver, landscaper, bartender, lawyer, doctor, cop, or even a paid medic.
                        Every job that I just listed has SOMEONE that has a problem with it. In fact, almost EVERY job will have it's nay sayers.
                        She most likely is in better shape than a lot of other folk that DO come out. If she's done the training, more power to her.

Now, for the OTHER side...
                        I'm aware of at least one dept. that had one member sleeping with another's wife/girlfriend. Member moved away for a couple of years... member moved back and wanted to re-join the dept. he left. Do you let the ex member back in? What if the other member moved away also. What if the second member got divorced? What if HE wanted to get back in also?

Whew, that's a LOT of "what if's"...

What would YOU do or suggest???

Comment

I believe there is NO room for badge bunnies in the fire service I mean come on lets' not dote on how cute we think we are lets do the job !!! I am sure most of the men in that dept. just loved the stripper, but I am also sure that most have close girlfriends or wives too!!!

Comment

I am ALSO sure Mr Yardumian from Philadelphia would LOVE to have a application to this dept. Which name are you using these days Yardo? Can't seem to rid of us, we follow everywhere don't we?

Comment

being the ever observant male that I am, I'd like to check out your situation first hand. However being the Chief of my department I can feel the ulcers I'd get and my gray hairs would multiply expotentially trying to keep things under control i.e. "sexual harrassement","discrimination", inappropriate comments/ actions. My people need to vent once in awhile, and I wouldn't want her to be stereotyped by the men or the community. I can feel the seat in the mayors office heating up already.

Of course you could ensure equality by implementing a co-ed naked firefighting policy.
                              Chief Frank Rizzio
                              Pea Ridge Fire Dept.sigpic
                              Pea Ridge AR. 72751

Comment

If you realize that being a stripper has little to do with the problem (which many of you seem to be hung up on) it's just a question of dress code.

Set a dress code for everyone. Enforce it.

You don't have to be a stripper to show up in inappropriate clothes.

Now, if your wifes/girlfriends don't like her being on the department, that's a different story, and the Chief can't help you there, boys.
                                Bryan Beall
                                Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...