This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather bunker boots.....

We are in the process of thinking about getting the leather bunker boots. Who makes the best ones. Any laws pertaining to the uses of these. Anybody with positive or negative comments about these. Thaks -steve

There was a recent recall of one manufacturers boots. I dont remember which one it was. PLus the thought that you might get into something that would contaminate the leather and couldnt be removed would render the boots subject to disposal worries me.

Comment

Well I have had Pro Boots for about 3 years now and I love them. Wants you go with leather boots you will never want to wear rubber boots again.

Comment

I have had the warrington Pro boots for almost 8 yrs now. Very happy with them and would recommend them.

Most of they guys here wear leather boots and 99% of them are Warrington Pro's also.

Comment

We are issued leather boots and they are the best. as far as getting them contaminated with hazards, you have them cleaned just like those rubber ones. Leather is alot more comfortable. At night I don't even put on socks to wear them. My thoughts are if you can afford them then go for it, you won't regret it I am sure.
          My opinion does not reflect on that of my career department, Michael Prescott
          Capt./EMT-B

Comment

We have been using leather boots for about 3 years now. They are much more comfortable than rubbers. No one in our dept would go back to rubbers now. You won't regret the leathers in you decide to go that route.

Comment

I have a very long thin foot (Wife says it looks more like a ski with toes ) and I could never get rubber boots to fit correctly.

I bought a pair of 8" Black Diamonds about 4 years ago and I love them. I think that they are heavier than other brands and when these wear out (or more likely when I get tired of them being heavy) I'll probably look at other brands - but never, NEVER, N-E-V-E-R would I want to go back to rubber boots.

Now if I could just trade that 1010 for a "Cows Butt" - I'd be all set.

Take Care - Stay Safe
              Stephen
              FF/Paramedic
              Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
              Stephen
              FF/Paramedic
              Instructor

Comment

i`ve had my pro`s for about 4 years now and i`ll never wear rubber boots again. they are so much more comfortable and feel more like shoes than bunker boots. they have held up really good also.

Comment

I have been wearing Black Diamond Leathers for about 2 years now and love them. You really notice the difference when you on in them for a few hours. I would never go back to the rubbers. Our deparment policy is against the leathers for HAZMAT so I still carry the rubbers, just in case we are on a HAZMAT.
                  Firefighter/Paramedic Ron Sanders
                  Midvale Fire Department
                  Medic Ambulance 22 - A Platoon

Firefighters, Walking where the Devil Danced!

This is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Personal Website: http://RonSanders.Biz Check it Out!

Comment

Well I am glad that so far nobody has been displeased. My commissioners are asking what is wrong with the rubber ones and now we can tell them. If they don't purchase them I will try to get authorization to let my guys get them and just pay for them ourselves. From what I hear, myself and the other officers will be getting them on a trial basis, to check them out. I for one hate the rubber boots and look forward to getting out of them. For haz-mat incidents we have rubber boots on our haz-mat truck so that isn't a problem. -Thnaks for the help. -Steve

Comment

I have been wearing leathers for about 4 years and I would not give them up either. I wore Rangers for 3 of the 4 yrs. and am now wearing Warrington Pros and they are even more comfortable than my Rangers. They are more like walking in regular boots.
                      Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
                      Eddie C.
                      I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

I sell all types of boots, both rubber and leather. I myself wear Pro Warrington leathers, and would not give them up for anything. I had to by two pairs, one for the station and one for by side jobs.

Several of the departments that I sell to have covered the cost of rubber boots and the firefighter has to make up the difference if they want the leather.

Ranger boot were recalled about 6 months ago for leaking. They have replaced everything with no problems.

Stay Safe!

P.P.

Comment

Warrington Pros all the way!! I have four pair, two of the bunker style and two of the zip-up. I wouldn't wear anything other than Pros. I have seen the wear that the Ranger brand takes-on and they will NEVER stand-up to the Warrington Pro. I have been wearing leather boots since I was 17 and wouldn't think of anything other. My suggestion would be to go PRO!!! Be Safe all!!

Comment

I just took delivery of my first pair of leather bunkers. I have Thurogood boots. I will let you know how they work out. Give me a week or so.

Stay safe,

Mark

Comment

I just got my Black Diamond leathers yesterday, and I'll let you know what I think of them after the 1st worker. But I'll tell you this, they are the most comfortable fire boots I've ever had on, and That's just walking around the house. Been using rubber boots for 6 years or so now, and I think that I'll use leather from now on, unless something happens to change my mind. Although I just got a Ben 2 Plus composite helmet, if I ever stumble on enough extra money, I'll have to get me a cow lid, then I'll be set.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X