Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our combo dept never wears the flying cross shirts, during the spring/fall months we switch up between high quality T-shirts and polo style golf shirts. during the summer it's T-shirts only, during the late fall/winter/early spring months we have the option of golf shirts or sweatshirts, we're also looking at job shirts this year...

but how hot it gets here in raleigh the T-shirt is the only way to go. and it's what most local depts wear during the summer, if they're not wearing polo shirts
    Shevais M. Shrum
    Western Wake Fire Rescue

Comment

I wish I had your problem! I'm a career industrial FF/EMT at a large chemical plant. It's Lion Apparell Ceasefire Stationwear year round, long sleeve! But damn, the money sure is good.
      Lt. D. Gordon
      Greendale Fire Department
      Greendale, IN

Comment

KEEP COOL ALL you need is a cool vest... were it under your bunker coat... I got mine at ritz safty equipment for $20 bucks.
        It realy works. Just soak the vest in cool water for a half an hour and it will stay cool for over 24 hours... you get a bit damp but your cool...That beets getting over heated so you are the next call... [email protected]

Comment

Our department is looking into polo shirts ( or golf shirts as some call them), they look kind of dressy but are still comfortable.
          Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
          Eddie C.
          I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

Truckman,
            I know exactly what you are talking about. Our department recently had a "changing of the gaurds". In other words we got a new Chief. Our new boss had us revamp the current SOPs, committiee style. The old rules stated that the worker bees had to have on their dress blues all the time. I am a transplant from another department, so I've experienced different and outside ideas. I introduced the idea that we aren't desk type workers, we're blue collar workers. We get down and dirty doing a variety of either station stuff or sweat our you know what off on scene in the summer months. As long as we one, all look the same, and two, pay attention to our uniforms appearance and upkeep, we'll still look sharp. I also stated that the average citizen probably doesn't care if we have a big crome badge on or a good quaility tee (when everyone else in the summer months is wearing just that). We have a very understanding Chief here. He listened to our opinions and wrote his new SOP. It states that t-shirts are acceptable in the summer months to run calls in. This decision was based on our comfort issues in the hot humid Mid-West summers.

So in closing if you have an understanding Chief talk to him or her and voice the feelings of the Firefighters on shift. Maybe the brass will listen, ours did.

Stay safe, MFD IAFF Local 1937

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X