Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hartford, CT -- Structure Fire, 3 Rescued -- GREAT ARTICLE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartford, CT -- Structure Fire, 3 Rescued -- GREAT ARTICLE!

As (Firefighter) Godlewsky and the others entered the apartment at 9:30 a.m., they at first saw nothing. Then, groping down a hallway to a front room, one saw a woman lying on the floor. Nearby, a child lay motionless in a port-a-crib; his heart had stopped. Everybody was screaming about another child, but where?

One of the best written articles I've ever seen in a newspaper about a fire is at http://www.ctnow.com/scripts/editori...e=&ck=&ver=3.0
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

I think that was a great article, although the article about the fire where HFD Firefighters pulled 25 people out of that burning apartment building three weeks ago was better. Either way they have been doing a great job over there.

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: NFDLT55 ]

Comment

That is a good article. The video link on the newspaper page is a good shot too! That is what makes a difference in lives and department budgets, good publicity.

Stay Safe,

Mark

Comment

BRAVO!!
        It is better to try and fail, then quit and succeed.

Comment

^5's and a tip 'o the leather to the Hartford FD...super job!

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

It's good to see the guys are getting recognized for the good work they're doing.
            Positive press has been short lately.

Comment

What's wrong with this? HFD had a great save, at least one FF went to the hospital. Around the same time, 3 Milford FF's went to the hospital (nothing major though), and 1 Stamford FF went to the hospital. HOWEVER, did ANYONE see any articles in firehouse.com about ANY of these? Instead we get articles at fires where no one was injured, but horses die. I guess the subliminal message here is that animal's are more important than Firefighters....

...sorry I am just in a nasty mood right now
              IACOJ Agitator
              Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse