This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locker "Shrines"

I'm just curious. I've heard that some firefighters' lockers resemble a "shrine" to all that is important to them. What photos and/or items do you have in yours?

Photos of the wife and kids (and my membership certificate to NO MA'AM)
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

Nothing offensive allowed in our Dept. Is it to early to put up a calendar to count off my last 1,830 shifts?

Comment

Pictures of the wife and kids, and art from the kids.

Comment

"Nothing offensive allowed in our Dept. Is it to early to put up a calendar to count off my last 1,830 shifts?"

Billy, does that mean all the things near and dear to your heart are offensive? (1,830 shifts - what does that come out to, about 15 years? Try a perpetual calendar, they take up less space )

Comment

To FFs SignfOthr, unfourtunitly it does not matter if it is "near and dear to your heart" but what the OTHERS that are having a bad day or those who just got the big talk from the chief, want to make of it as they walk by your locker. It just aint worth it anymore to try to defend a simple photogragh of maybe your dog cause "I was bitten by one like that once and that pic gives me nightmares" kind of BS that is taking place in America today......Yes it works out to 15 years but a perpetual calender wont let you see the numbers counting down, just think it's only 1,829 already.

Comment

Man, it aint ever too early to start counting down. I have already cleaned out most of my locker in preparation for that final day - still some tweleve years away. Come on father time!

Comment

I was going on a ride along with one of the local ambulance houses and somebody there had an "I'm not wearing clean underwear" bumpersticker on the outside of their locker--I didn't stick around to find out what was inside.

Althea
                Althea Forhan
                FDNY 343:"Forever your power and strength stays with me"

Comment

Mongo, what exactly is NO MA*AM?
                  It is better to try and fail, then quit and succeed.

Comment

NO MA'AM?

As in Al Bundy's NO MA'AM???
                    My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

Comment

...what exactly is NO MA*AM?

TruroFAO Al Bundy's NO MA'AM

Yeppers!

National
                      Organization
                      of
                      Men
                      Against
                      Amazonian
                      Masterhood
                      It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

I have a picture of the guy that retired so they had to hire me.

And my ex-wife, ex-house, ex-dog......etc.

Comment

Pictures of my family and a poster of Stevie Ray Vaughn(R.I.P.)

Comment

Pictures of my wife and kids (and the kids art work) I have an 8x10 picture of a fire engine, and some sports crap.
                            "In all of us there are heroes... speak to them and they will come forth."

"In order for us to achieve all that is demanded of us, we must regard ourselves as greater than we are."

"Be excellent to each other."

Comment

I have a sticker of the Pierce logo, and pics of my trucks from my volly station on the inside. No wife no kids cause I am to young for them!
                              Norwood Fire Co. No. 1
                              http://www.nfco1.freeservers.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...