Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitville: I see your point now...I wasn't reading it completely correctly the first two or three times..sorry. I am not arguing again, I just have to say that I don't agree that the Fire Academy can show you a whole lot about fireground training either. The only reason I say this is from personal experience. I don't see how working in a very controlled situation with fire can teach you any more than you think being sent off to a deserted island with each other can. I have been in structure fires and believe me it is nothing like what I did in live burns in the Academy. NOTHING. The only true fire ground training you can get is at the scene of a fire call...be it a car accident, a house fire, a search, etc. This is where you learn what you are capable of and what your other team members can do as well. In the Fire Academy I got paired off with someone different every time we did an evolution..I hardly had time to learn their name let alone know what they could do on the actual scene. But again I am sorry I did not fully comprehend what you were saying....I still feel that this island thing would be beneficial to these people, but maybe not so much for training as for teamwork. Thanks for keeping with your point until I got it. Take care.
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

hctrouble

I think I love you now.

I agree, the academy doesn't give you smoke so thick you can't see your hand in front of your face, and fire so hot your on your stomach as soon as you make entry. But since the EPA makes such a big stink about doing live burns in real building like we used to. (houses up for demo). It's the best they can do I guess. (We all know how to put out propane fires real good though)

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: ntvilleff ]

Comment

ntville: Give it time...I am a woman with a big ol' mouth..I am bound to **** you off sometime in the near future. Just remember I always admit when I am wrong or make a mistake....I had to learn to do a couple of things since I have a big ol' mouth and that is to apologize and eat some delicious humble pie. Take care out there. Glad we finally got it all straight.
        Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

Hmmmmm..........women that **** off men.......might be a good topic for a string!?

Comment

I think I did that one already with the "women in the firehouse" thing I posted. ahhahahaha

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X