This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather boots

i was just wondering what brand and style of leather boots everyone had and if they liked them. right now i have pro pull-ups that i love, and i`m going to order a pair of 10" zippered boots,but not sure what brand yet.

LaCrosse leather pull ons here. Like them very much

Comment

We use Thourougoods and Warringtons (I'm sure those are both spelled wrong). We're having some problems with the longevity of the Thourougoods but the Warringtons seem to be holding up great, and they're both very comfortable.

Comment

I currently use Warrenton's, and they have also held up longer, and to me are more comfortable then Rangers, and Thorogood's. Especially for us truckie's.

===========================================
        The above is my opinion only and doesn't reflect that of any dept/agency I work for, deal with, or am a member of.

Comment

I have used Ranger leather pull on Bunker Boots for the last 4 years. They have held up good, although the toes are stating to fray on the toe cap. They are very comfortable and hands down better than any Rubber Bunker Boot that I have tried. Granted we dont have a lot of fires in our district But average about 200 calls a year.

Comment

I personally have not had any problems with my Thorogood pull on leathers other than the leather pull up straps ripping. Other than that they fit great and are extremely comfortable to me.

Comment

another thing, i heard that D.C. firefighters were not aloud to wear leather boots and helmets any more.anybody else know anything about this.

Comment

Warrington Pro pull on. Very comfortable better than average traction on the snow. The first generation one the traction was very bad. They now have a vibram sole.

Comment

it's true about D.C. go to www.foolsinternational.com and go to the guest book first entry yesterday was that as of 07-01-01 there are no more leather helmets or boots

ps I have the Thorogoods, I have had them for about 5 years now they have held up very well

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: wsfiremn ]
                  wsfiremn
                  Member IACOJ
                  FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
                  Double Duece
                  PROUD MEMBER
                  FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

Comment

Thorogood 14in bunkers and 10in Black Diamond zip-ups. Both are great.I've been wearing them for over a year and have had no issues with either pair.
                    Lt. D. Gordon
                    Greendale Fire Department
                    Greendale, IN

Comment

I've got pull on Black Diamond Leather boots, just got them a few days ago , havent' had the chance to use 'em yet, but I love them already!

Comment

rangers....they are very comfy..good traction...the only problem with them is that kevlar toe cover...1 roof job and they were shot..that is the only problem i have had with them... I have learned 1 lesson with them..a hint to those of u that have them and have not heard this...ALWAYS wear socks with them...i got up for a run one morning and forgot socks..had a hell of a time gettin my foot out..other than that the boots are great
                        stay safe...
                        biv

Comment

I have a pair of pull ups called crosstech. I bought them off of the chief because they wouldn't fit him. They are better than any rubber boot I've ever worn and very comfortable.
                          "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Comment

pro warrington's pull ups... best fire boot out there, i love the box toes as compared to the rounded toes of the ranger boots and such...
                            Shevais M. Shrum
                            Western Wake Fire Rescue

Comment

Hey JEG532,

Just for your info, DC firefighters are once again allowed to wear leather helmets and boots.

For a short time (about 1 week), an order was issued by our illustrious fire chief which stated that we were no longer permitted to wear non-issued (i.e. leather) helmets or boots. However, thanks to some political pressure via our union and some members of the city council, the fire chief recinded the order, and we are once again permitted to wear these items.

As for boots, I wear the Warrington Pro boot, and have been for several years. They are extremely comfortable and light weight. I also feel that they provide grater protection than some of the other brands. I was in a fire where 2 of my crew members, who were wearing Ranger leather boots, recieved second degree burns to their feet and ankles. I was wearing Pro boots, and, even though I was in the the same proximity as them, recieved no burns to my feet or ankles (although I was burned on my calfs above the boot line.)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X