This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you carry in your POV?

For all the Vollies that may go to scene's with their POV's, what do you keep in it and where? If it is a pickup truck, how do you store it all? Tool bax, bed cover, cap?

Matt

I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee, I store all my stuff in the cargo area. I carry my bunker gear in a "step in" bag. Since I'm an EMT also, I carry a jump kit and O2 kit with me. I also have a maglight and FD/ambulance pullover, traffic vest and forestry hard hat. I can usually get to the scene quicker than our rescue vehicle, especially if it's in the northern end of town. Our rescue is stationed in the southern end. I have a mobile radio and I carry a portable also.

[This message has been edited by EFDems841 (edited 06-23-2001).]

Comment

I carry a trauma kit with a few front line drugs, i am a supervisor for my county, so i respond to scenes with volly. bls trucks, an O2/airway kit my rapelling and rescue gear with my irons.

------------------
      SEE YA' @ THE BIG ONE!

Comment

Diddo with EFDems841. I go first to medical calls and the guys get the trucks. Jump Kit and O2 Kit is the name of the game.

------------------
        ...James
        [email protected]
        Lieutenant / Training Officer
        Olney - Walluski Fire District # 35 (Oregon)

Comment

Bunker Gear
          36" Halligan & small flat head axe
          Hydrant Wrench
          20 lb & 10 lb ABC Dry Chem extinguishers
          2-1/2 gal pressurized can in warm seasons
          mag light
          LED traffic batton
          orange traffic control flags
          traffic vest
          1/2 case fusees
          12 guage loaded with double ought (another traffic control device)
          2-1/2 x 1-1/2 gate wye (not sure why its in there)
          Rescue Wrench
          2 spanners
          box full of hand tools
          trauma box
          rope
          mobile & hand held two-way radios
          safety glasses
          extra gloves & jackets in winter
          roll of electric fence wire
          That is about all that the trunk of my car will hold and still maintain some order in the storage.

Comment

My backpack with all my old books from medic school

My cd's

A coke or whatever I'm drinking at the time

My family

The bag from the wendys I had yesterday

A sweatshirt in the trunk..

Comment

CAPT. ZADA

Do you drive a fire truck??? That is alot of stuff. How do you get away with carrying a 12 guage? Anyways, i carry my bunker gear and jumpkit in my truck.

Comment

I carry my turnout gear, basic med. kit, a few flares, tools etc. all in the tool box in the bed of my toyota pickup

Comment

I have a s-10 pickup with a tool box. I am usually one of the first on scene to calls, so I carry a bunch of stuff. I carry in the glove box a Haz Mat Guide, and NIOSH guide. Behind the seat i have a spare uniform and spare sweatshirt, a pair of bonoculars, and a flashlight. In the tool box I have my gear, hand tools, a box of latex gloves, a spare pair of firefighting gloves, a bls jumpkit, and a blanket. I also carry a portable and mobile radio.

[This message has been edited by firemed9 (edited 06-23-2001).]

Comment

i carry turnout gear and a radio, and i usely carry a 10 lb extenguisher. on softball nights, a 12 pack on ice sits in the back seat.

Comment

I carry my spare turnout gear and an ems jump bag in the back of my Jeep.

Comment

Some of you guys go a little over board don't you? We are not supposed to go to the scene unless we HAVE to drive past it to get to the station, but I do have a small basic jump kit,10lb dry chem, ax, pulaski,tow chain, roadside tri-angle reflecters, maglight, leather gloves, boots, hide-away strobes, mobile and portable radios and it is all kept in the toolbox of my fullsize 1999 GMC Sierra ext. cab 4x4.

------------------
                        Stay safe

[This message has been edited by Fire29_1999 (edited 06-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fire29_1999 (edited 06-25-2001).]

Comment

I live about 1 block away from the station(In fact, all of our members live within 5 blocks of the station) so all I carry is my keys so that I can get in and get on a rig.

Our chief has a little saying: "Lets take the big red trucks with the water to the fire this time."

Comment

My 357 magnum of course (Hey I live in Texas.)
                            Small hand tool, a flashlight, crowbar, and a small trama kit suited for bullet holes

Comment

Things I carry in my POV:
                              1. Me
                              2. Sometimes my wife
                              3. Sometimes my dogs
                              4. Groceries (Please excuse any spelling. Note the time, I'm dispatching tonight and have the A/C out chasing smells and bells)
                              5. One set turnout gear behind the seat in the cab.
                              6. The all powerful cellphone.
                              7. At least a weeks worth of McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys empty drink cups.

------------------
                              Running a code is easy.
                              The hard part starts when you bringem back and have a 30-40 min transport

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X