No announcement yet.

F500 or Class B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here is my 3 cents worth. My depart. was given some by a sales rep. to try out. So we mixed up a batch, just like we were instructed to do by the sales rep., and started a fire in a pan. Using a spray bottle, started to spray the mixture on the fire. THE FIRE GOT BIGGER!!!!!! So we made up a new batch, made it a little stronger, and still the fire wouldn't go out. We took the top off of the bottle and poured the product into the pan full strenght, the fire still did not go out. Needless to say, we haven't bought any!!!

Just my 3 cents worth!!!!!!

Rick

Comment

We have been carrying 25 gal of F-500 in a foam tank for about a year now. Here are some of my thoughts:

F-500 seems to make for very quick knockdown on class A fires. Unfortunately I can't say its better than any other wetting agent since we never used any other wetting agent before the foam tank was installed.

Have you looked at how many gallons of the stuff it would take to neutralize a fuel spill? If your state regs won't allow the encapsulated fuel to be disposed of as anything other than HAZMAT, you will have succeeded in multiplying your problems several fold.

This stuff is not recognized by ISO as a substitute for the AFFF or other foam you need for each pumper. If this is important to your dept., plan on making room for the AFFF, too (both in the compartment and the budget).
      ullrichk
      a.k.a.
      perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

As I stated when this issue came up previously... I can only quote on what I have seen. We did the whole pan thing and we lit up a car and we did a pile of tires. It worked fine for us. I thin you will have to use the stuff yourself to get your own idea about the product. These discussions are so loaded! It is like asking do you prefer leather or tactical tupperware... or how about E-One to Pierce... there will never be a unanimous agreement from everyone.
        Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
        North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
        "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
        www.legacyofheroes.org
        www.firehistory.org
        www.sconfire.com

Comment

My company has the Class B foam. Since we dont see many fires that we need foam for, the Class B foam is good enough. Plu swe've used it for drills and it works great. So we dont need any other type of foam.
          Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
          "GOOD GAME!"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse