This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my favorites :

1. Heroes are people who rise to the occasion and slip quietly away.--Tom Brokaw

2. the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.--Albert Einstien

Ed Brando
    I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

Comment

3 sayings for the guys on the truck company:
        [*]Never walk backwards on the roof[*]If you drop something, don't chase it over the edge of the roof[*]If you are sliding off the roof, try to jump out far enough that you don't hurt anybody else[/list]
      See You At The Big One

Comment

Some days you're the dog, Some days you're the hydrant.

Cheers
        Some days you're the Dog, Some days you're the Hydrant.

Comment

Bump back to the top...

I wonder if others have some to add to the list.

SBLG

Comment

It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions: who spends himself in a worthy cause. Who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

No person was ever honored for what he received. honor has been the reward for what he gave

The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart
            When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

Comment

"When the going gets tough the tough get going".

GOD Bless FDNY and all of the lost Brother's

Dave
              HTFD
              FTM, PTB, RFB.

Comment

There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right!

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Confucius
                (551 - 479 BC)

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: KauilaPolu ]
                Colleen McQuaid

Comment

One of my fathers favorite sayings was "Nothing like a good hanging first thing in the morning to get your attention"
                  Another one for me is " People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care"

Comment

Each graduating class from the Mass. Fire Acadamy has a motto on their plaque, my favorite is: "Hours of boredom, Moments of Terror.
                    My personal is: "If you spent as much time working on it as you do Bitc#ing about it you'd be done by now"

Comment

"In this line of work you cant have a bad day cause if you have a bad day someone dies and thats just not @#$%ing good enough"..... Kurt Russell in Backdraft

Firefly
                      "The above statement is my opinion and not that of my station."

Comment

"911 HERE TO SAVE YOUR ***, NOT KISS IT!!"
                        IACOJ

Comment

Here are some of my favorites. These are EMS but I think if your department or audiane has any EMT's they will get the idea:

1 CYA If any profession could bite you in the @$$ this is it

2 When in doubt refer to Number 1

3 Remember the rule of 3's
                          3am = 300 lbs = 3rd floor

4 Better to be looking at it then lookin for it. Your Tools and stuff

5 If you pass the house say you were turning around to get a straight shot out.

6 Tis better to get directions from a deputy or sheriff then the dispatcher

7 Don't take your last call with you to the next one. Be able to turn them off like a light switch.

8 If you drop baby, fake a seizure

9 Are the police there, NO, I'll be waiting way ove there.

And finally

10 When in doubt Call for life flight

Good Luck and be safe
                          Keep your head below the smoke but in the game.
                          ----------------------
                          The opinions expressed here are my own and not that of my fire department EMS Squad, or my employers.

Comment

Just a note from someone who is not a firefighter.

Firefighters are extraordinary people doing extraordinary things.

Thanks for all that you do, all that you are because you are the real heroes in life.

Comment

I saw one on a T-shirt that was really good. I don't know if it is applicable but here it is:

If you make it idiot proof they will just make a better idiot.

BKE
                              BKE
                              Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

Comment

Posted this in the 9-11 thread, but I'll post again. The first part is very firefighter inspiring, but the second part should perhaps be reserved for morning the loss of our brothers and sisters. Both parts, however, relay the heroism found in this profession:

"Other men are bold in ignorance, while reflection will stop their onset. But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out and meet it.... So their memory has escaped the reproaches of men's lips, but they bore instead on their bodies the marks of men's hands, and in a moment of time, at the climax of their lives, were rapt away from a world filled, for their dying eyes, not with terror but with glory." -Pericles' Funeral Oration
                                "...you're such a gentle soul, it's killing me to know, when will i see your face?" -Vince Gill

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X