Color of Fire Apparatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color of Fire Apparatus

Remember all those "safety experts" that said all fire appartus should change to a color other than red, so that these rigs could be easier seen? Well, in the ole River City of Omaha, they heeded that advice and started to change the colors to yellow back in 1972. About 7 years ago, they finally accomplished thier goal with all yellow fire apparatus. Lo and behold, "safety experts" have since discovered that the color of the fire apparatus is not the issue, but rather the type, kind, and amount of emergency lights on them. Omaha is now turning their fleet back to red. Shows you that what goes around, can come around.

I guess it shows that the safety experts can be wrong huh. Red forever.

[This message has been edited by FireLt1951 (edited 06-03-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Old FireFighter:
      Omaha is now turning their fleet back to red.
      As is just about every other city and town, and thank God they are!

------------------
      Mike Gentili, Capt.
      New Bedford Fire Dept.

Comment

ehh, I'm kinda partial to Moon, Pa.'s truck...its bright blue, or how about Grape, Pa(I think) who gets a new truck every year from some trust as long as it is colored purple. Ouch, that's scary.

------------------
        Joe
        Daysleeper47
        "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
        "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
        Youngstown Fire Department

Comment

Orem,Utah is/has gone back to red. As vehicles are being replaced they are coming in red now. We will have Yellow and new Red Fire engines for some time to come.

Comment

Big red trucks are the way to go Save the yellow for school buses!!!!

Comment

In 1965 we ordered our first new pumper it was a mercury/Thibault.It was painted WHITE.Since then all of our apparatus are white now they have a 6" red reflective stripe on them.

Comment

Purple Apparatus? I gotta see a picture of that...

------------------
                Andrew Landstrom
                Station 71
                Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
                Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

Comment

Here you go Andrew. http://www.hempfieldfire.org/21.htm

Comment

A neighboring dept in my area has all of their apparatus painted flourescent lime green. Highly visible and really gets your attention.

Comment

We have lime green trucks. We are the butt of the old haven't ripened jokes, but I think we look a hell lot better on a nice sunny day compared to the sea of the same old red trucks.

------------------
                      Norwood Fire Co. No. 1
                      http://www.nfco1.freeservers.com

Comment

Chrome Yellow baby! Turn the red lights on and all the kids run towards the trucks to go to school.........! If I had a nickel for every comedian who used the 'not ripe yet' or 'School bus' line, I'd be retired and on the beach!

Comment

Call me crazy but I like the puprle trucks...dont want one but it shows some pride in the town....

Comment

Even Syracuse,NY who has had Orange-Yellow trucks as long as I can remember began ordering all new apparatus in RED. That's the color they SHOULD be!

Comment

Firetrucks are RED not **** yellow or ice cream truck white.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X