This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoking Firefighters

I thought of this when i read a previous post about smoking. I would think of all people that firefighters would know the dangers of smoking. I mean we wear SCBA to prevent toxic gases from entering our lungs but so many firefighters end up doing the same things to their own lungs by smoking cigs. Our job takes all the strength we have. Why smoke and loose lung capacity and such. A second thing is that many of us are also EMTs so we know how the body functions and that smoking can really hinder us when it comes to cardio activities...how about fire fighting for an example. I just don't know why so many people in our profession continue to smoke.

It's call addiction nobull911. As an EMT who understands how the body functions you should know this.

We all know the dangers of smoking, unless we've lived in a cave or under a rock for the last 20 years. No amount of preaching will make anyone quit. We are only able to quit when we want to. I know, because like millions of others I've been there. Two packs of Camels every day for years. After numerous attempts, I was only able to quit when I finally really wanted to. Thankfully, I haven't smoked in 8 years but I could still light up again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Ok lets ask a few more questions.

Why do people use drugs?
      Why do people become overeaters?
      Why do people use alcohol?
      Why do people drive at high rates of speed?

We are humsn beings and therefore we are not infallible. Just a thought.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X