Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not laugh at the port-a-potti calls. We have had one of those. We have problems with the university students around town. Lots of dumpster/furniture fires. The port-a-potti was installed by a rugby field where there was a tournament that weekend. Well, someone decided to torch the port-a-potti one night. What some people do for fun...!!!???

Comment

We got a call to assist our police dept. with an attempted suicide. Apparently the guy locked himself in the bathroom and the police couldn't get the guy out. SO THEY USED THE PEPPER SPRAY to get him out. They figured that the fumes would force the guy out. However, the small, convined area, forced the EMT's and Police outside and we went in with SCBA on and got the guy out. Turns out the guy passed out before they sprayed him. Oh well.

------------------
      ideas expressed & posted in the forum(s) are my own.

Comment

I think I can top the port a potty and mail box in one month. One night we were dispatched on 2 mysterious fires at construction sites in one night. They were reported brush so we rolled our 1000 gallon brush truck and arrived to find a small fire at each call with alot of green plastic goo around them, we didn't think well that night at 2 and 4 am but after we finished the second one the Police contacted us and stated they turned out to be port a potty fires. After that night I thanked god for bunker boots and gloves Talk about a stinky situation. Course a few years before I joined the department they were fighting a brush fire in a field and I guess a house used to be out there because the front of our brush truck fell into an old septic tank. I am glad I wasn't ridding on the front cage on that fire!!!!

Comment

Received a call one night for a twenty-year-old female with an impaled object. Upon arrival we found her lying on a bed with an old 16 oz. Mt. DEW bottle she was using to masturbate with. Yes you read that right! And she started to create a vacuum inside herself and sucking the bottle inside. By the time we got there all that we could see was about a half inch of the bottle the rest was inside the poor girl. Paramedics arrived right behind us and one of them said to get a hammer and punch. On the bottom of the old bottles there was a little dimple that when hit would cause the bottom to fall off and man did that girl shoot that bottle OUT!!!

Comment

Got banged out one night for an unknown medical at the address of one of our frequent fliers. Upon our arrival, we found him laying face down on the bed with a travel size can of shaving cream shoved someplace it was NOT intended to go. Can we say OUCH!? Stay safe all.

[This message has been edited by Eng522ine (edited 06-03-2001).]

Comment

One of our neighboring fire departments got dispatched for "a woman who glued herself to a statue." Turned out the lady was into modeling and super glued a small figurine to her hand. Later the fire guys found out that PD had been to that location a week earlier because she got her hand stuck in a pringles can! She got her hand out of the pringles can before they had to call the FD.

Comment

Every fire fighter has probabaly responded to a call of a refrigerator leaking ammonia. In the early 70's we received such a call, and as we climbed the exterior steps to a 2nd story apartment, (without masks)as we opened the door, all 4 of us were knocked to our knees and partially fell down the steps. Our breaths were taken away and we were helpless. Luckily, of our team called for assistance. Turns out those real old refrigerators have "sulpher dioxide" as a coolant. Be real careful with that stuff, as it is a nasty gas.

Comment

Every fire fighter has probably responded to a call of a refrigerator leaking ammonia. In the early 70's we received such a call, and as we climbed the exterior steps to a 2nd story apartment, (without masks)as we opened the door, all 4 of us were knocked to our knees and partially fell down the steps. Our breaths were taken away and we were helpless. Luckily, of our team called for assistance. Turns out those real old refrigerators have "sulpher dioxide" as a coolant. Be real careful with that stuff, as it is a nasty gas.

Comment

This beats the sleeping bag story.

Call came in for a chimney fire at a residence. about 5 minutes later a second call came in for an explosion and a man down at the same residence. aperently the man thought that if he poured kerosene down the chimney the fire would burn quicker. Well it did and blew him halfway across his dooryard. he was transproted but was ok. That one should get the darwin award

Comment

We had a good one at 3am one night. Dispatched for an unknown medical, and when we arrived on scene the guy's chief complaint was "hair pain". Loved getting out of bed for that one.

Comment

I was watching NCAA basketball tourney one night when all of a sudden all the power went off. A few seconds later the pager went off for a transformer fire with lines down. I went to firehouse and saw the whole neighborhood was pitch black - but there was Tony pushing the key pad for our electric overhead door. He looked at me and asked, "Who changed the combination?"

Comment

The oddest ones that come to my mind are: January 1st 2000, at 00:03 hrs, got tripped out because some drunk had called 911 and said that they had shot a hole in the town water tank. Turned out they had been setting off fireworks and suddenly noticed water coming out of the tank. What they didn't notice was it was the overflow lol. I missed this one, but we called called out for a kid stuck in a tree, seems he climbed up into a fork in the tree. Well his weight spread the two parts apart, well his foot found a hole at the bottom. When he took his weight off the one side it trapped him. They said the used the jaws on the tree lol (short tree).
                          My last one, got called out for a cat with it's head stuck in a cat food can. One of the ones about dog food can size. They got the cat out, but nipped it's ear in the process. God bless and stay safe.
                          Randall Guntrum FF/EMT

If lights, siren and air horns do not attract the attention of a driver, he or she is too drunk to be assisted by a paint scheme.

Comment

I just thought of a couple more after checking out another thread. The one night we got called out for a CO alarm. Upon getting on scene we found a CO alarm sounding in the house. They sated that they had just got done using the stove to cook something. After the members checked out the stove they figured it out right away. There was the brand new CO alarm, mounted directly above the stove!
                            Last year I got called at home for this one, I was told by control that some people were worried about one of our former members, he hadn't been seen for a few days and there was some sort of alarm going off in his appartment. Well I drove down and checked it out, I couldn't see anything so I called for PD to respond. We couldn't find our way in, so we had the rescue paged out and had to break in. Once we got inside we found the smoke detector going off because of a low battery. Before we got inside, the "buddy" that had called us asked me "Do you think a dead body could set one of those things off?" lmao God bless and stay safe.

Randall Guntrum FF/EMT
                            If lights, sirens and air horns do not attract the attention of a driver, he or she is too drunk to be assisted by a paint scheme.

Comment

An EMS service got A run for a full arrest on day, enroute they monitored on the radio a request for P. D. for a familey dispute for the same address mom was trying to give dad C.P.R. but he didn't want it!

Comment

well i'll tell you what last week we got a call for a man trapped in a steering wheel.
                                we arrived on scene and found out the man had got drunk and treid to put his fingers thruogh a grant steering wheel(has a 3 hole patern on 3 spokes)and gotten stuck we cut the wheel off and transported him, he turned out just fine

as far as the weird objects inserted in weird places ,,,,,,,, should have taken pictures could have gotten money for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
                                ...fire fetish???......
                                ...damn right!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse