Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd Calls

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Odd Calls

    I was just reading about the "odd questions" forum, made me think of this. What is some of the oddest calls you've responded to, fire or ems?
    We were called out to a mailbox fire once, and within the same month, a port-a-potti on fire. Kinda weird.

  • #2
    Port-A-Potti on fire! That must have been interesting

    Comment


    • #3
      I was an ambulance driver many years ago and was sent to a head injury call at 3 AM. Upon arrival we found a very drunk badly bleeding but pretty coherent man sitting on the lawn holding his head. Clothes, lots of clothes, were sprewn all over the lawn, stuck on the shrubs, and hanging from tree braches. I asked him what happened and he said he came home drunk and that his wife threw all his things out the second floor window. I asked him how he hurt his head - he didn't say a word and just pointed to a badly dented Craftsman toolbox off to the side.

      Comment


      • #4
        Received a call for a man stuck in a tree. Upon arrival, found gentleman stuck in tree after trying to catch his pet bird that got away. He had the bird, but then it got away again. He tried to climb higher to go after it again, but we got him to come down. After we went back in service, I guess he went back up again to get it, and finally succeeded.

        Comment


        • #5
          A porta-potti on fire? Boy, that must have been a crappy call! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

          Comment


          • #6
            Anyone from Harftford CT fd around here than can expand on this story? I just heard a story about a call for a fire and when the HFD got there they found people having a pig roast in their upstairs bathtub............

            [This message has been edited by firetrucker (edited 06-01-2001).]

            Comment


            • #7
              EMS to assist the PD on an assault victim. I arrived on scene to find a visibly intoxicated man in hand cuffs with his face all mashed and bloody. I ask what happened and he said, "I was just walking through and he hit me with a yule log!" I began to laugh and had to walk away, along with the rest of my crew. So I tried to find the entire story out from PD. Apparently this guy, 6 sheets to the wind, broke into this house. He was caught by the resident's son who proceeded to beat the snot out of the guy and hold him for PD. How he thought he got hit with a yule log I will never know.

              Nothing like an assist the PD call...

              ------------------
              Keep Safe!

              Comment


              • #8
                Christmas Morning, 2000, we got called to a chiminey fire just down the road from the hall. The resident almost had it out, until his sleeping back caught fire...... that is, to say, he climbed up in his roof and shoved a sleeping back down the top of his chiminey in an attempt to smother the flames. It didn't work out all that well. We saved the house and chiminey, but the sleeping bag was a total loss... He thought he was doing us a favour.

                Comment


                • #9
                  We had a call for a "Pool" which ended up being the filter for the pool that overheated but it sounded funny over the radio. We also had a call for a gas leak. It ended up when we entered the house there was a lawn mover in the middle of these peoples living room that he was trying to fix and the gasoline ran all over the carpet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A couple of years ago we were called out for "a man stuck on a power pole." Cable installer was working on a ladder when it slipped and he grabbed hold of the pole. Was he ever embarrassed when we arrived. He still hasn't lived it down.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This actually happened a while back when I was interning as a paramedic in south Dallas. If nasty stuff offends you...STOP READING NOW.

                      To make a long story short, we get called out to a sexual assault in downtown. We get there and soon find out it is a prostitute who took $5.00 to have sex w/ a guy. Apparently, she was mad b/c he was supposed to pull out but didn't... We explained to her that this isn't sexual assault if she consented and blah, blah, blah. ...and to end our little speach, we asked "What is it you need us to do for you?" Her response..."I need y'all to clean my pus*y out." I still haven't had a chief complaint like that one since I made it back to the suburbs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Responded to a call for a "cupcake on fire"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We were dispatched to an unknown type fire to the rear of an address. Upon arrival, we had a fully involved porta-john just about on the ground. (Pretty messy!!)

                          About 3 years ago one fall afternoon, our Aerialscope was dispatched non-emergency for an animal rescue. When we arrived on scene, we were shown a falcon entangled in heavy string in the top of a tree aprox. 60 feet off the ground. The owner had been training the falcon to follow a kite (which the owner says is how you train them) when the kite broke it's line and drifted away. The falcon gave chase and ended up catching the kite but them became entangled and stuck in the tree. We had to use a chainsaw to cut the branched holding the string and the owner then went up in the bucket and retreived the falcon with a burlap bag.

                          [This message has been edited by Poin (edited 06-01-2001).]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Not on the call, but the return was:

                            "Chief 3 had baby nipples on the stove; all units in service".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How about coming up on a residential structure with heavy smoke from all openings, only to find an individual burning the plastic coating off of copper wire in inside of his HOUSE in a portable BBQ grill??? It seems that he had been warned and cited by the local P.D. on numerous occasions, for illegal outdoor burning.

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X