This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Dressed like Firefighters...

You know I don't get chapped very easily, but this gets me. Does this Police Department think that they are the first to come up with this idea? Police don't do this because it is reckless. If I were a firefighter for this City I would be outraged everytime I responded to an alarm and had to worry about being confused as a police officer. Guys we are firefighters, we don't carry weapons. Our uniforms are already too similiar. Just my opinion.

How can the whole thing even be legal? Not only that but it says the FD was preparing to go on a gas leak so not only did they delay a response to let these guys jump on but they let themselves get right in the middle of a raid on a crack house putting themselves in danger. I would bet that there is more to this story then what is read from one newspaper article. Very unsettling to hear in any event.

------------------
    FF/EMT Jay Ellingson
    Newington,NH FD
    &
    New England Dragway Safety Team (Sundaaayy!)
    *N.E.D. celebrates 35 years of excitement as a drag racing venue! Come on by and watch the great action at RT27 Epping, NH (Exit 8 off of Rt 101)*
    New England Dragway is the home of the IHRA North American Nationals
    Sept 7-9 2001
    www.newenglanddragway.com
    1-877-DRAGWAY
    1-603-679-8001

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but is it not illegal in most if not all States to impersonate a police officer?? And now let me ask you why it is illegal for such action to take place, could it be because they don't want psyco's possing as cops and confusing people? so then now why is it legal for a cop to pose as a firefighter or EMS?? All this does is confuse people and add to what is becoming an all too common distrust of the fire service. If cops want to dress up like someone to catch crackheads and criminals, dress like a crackheads and criminals, stop making Firefighters and EMS the targets of "Anti-cop" aggression.

Comment

First of all their most definitely is a loose nut in the firehouse. Any fire department that would put firefighters in this type of roll most not have any concern for the well being of his/her personnel. Regardless of the closeness of the two departments fourteen people now view the fire department as a fire/law agency. How many people do these fourteen people know and how many are they going to tell.I can see a major safety issue coming here. Sounds like these firefighters want to be in law enforcement. If it had been me I would have refused to respond with the officers posing as firefighters or even to have firefighters assist with the operation.

Comment

all i have to say is that as a f/f in this city i would not be responding to anything any more w/o a bullet proof vest, b/cause now as said earlier some of the residents that are doing not so legal things and see a f/f coming near there house are going to get nervous, arent there enough dangers in being a f/f without having to worry about bullets or knives...just my thoughts

[This message has been edited by postal79 (edited 05-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by postal79 (edited 05-31-2001).]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...