helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmets

I was wondering what type of helmet everyone likes and uses. My fd is gonna purchase new ones and would like to know what everyone else likes. I am partial to Cairns 1010's.

I recently got a Cairns 1010 and I like it very much/

Comment

Well my company just went to leathers and i have had a Sam Houston since I joined five years ago. Leather forever.

Comment

I've worn Cairns 660 Metro, 1010 and New Yorkers. My favorite is the New Yorker (my personal helmet. Of the others I'd have to recommend the 1010's, they fit nice and didn't ride too high. They don't look bad either. I also have heard good things about Morning Pride's Ben Franklin 2. My department just recently bought about a dozen and they've been received very well. I hope this helps. God bless and stay safe.
        Randall Guntrum FF/EMT
        If lights, siren, and air horns do not attract the attention of a driver, he or she is too drunk to be assisted by a paint scheme.

Comment

My career department issue helmet is a Lion Legend, which is a composite traditional helmet. I wear a Paul Conway Leather, which was a gift from the wife. Both helmets are great. The Lion is the litest traditional on the market. It is very comfortable and has great balance. On the other hand the Paul Conway is a great leather. Kind of heavy but you can get used to it. Mine fits me like a ball cap. It is tanned in the color you want so you do not have to worry about the color chipping like on the C&B New Yorkers and Sam Houston. You should take what you can from here and also call up some reps from helmets manufactures and get some demos out and try then yourself. Good Luck......

Comment

My department issues Cairns 660 Metros. These are very light but don't offer the puncture-proof protection of a Cairns Sam Houston leather helmet. The 1010 is a very strong composite helmet which is light, not too expensive and dependable under almost any circumstance. Try on many helmets until you find one that suits you. I personally like the leather helmets.

Comment

My department issues the Cairns 1010. I prefer leather and the department allows us to wear them so I do.

If you are going to buy "plastic", Look at the 1010 and the Ben 2. I have not used the Ben 2 but I have heard good things about it. There are numerous non traditional helmets out there, but I prefer the traditional look.

Comment

My current issue helmet is a Cairns 660 Phoenix, my only complaint with it is that it's an older one, and doesn't have the ratchet. I've used the Bullard FX also, and I like it just as well as far as "Metro" style helmets go. My department issues both of them, we've been buying Bullard lately though due to the price. If you are going with that style I don't think you can go wrong with Bullard. I've got a Morning Pride Ben 2 Plus on the way to me right now. It's was ordered as a birthday present. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and am sure I'll be satisfied with it, I'll keep you posted. As for composite traditional helmets, I'd choose it or a 1010. I don't have any experience with leather, but the only draw backs I've ever heard are price, and weight. But I guess it really boils down to personal preference.

PS> Does anybody else have a Ben 2, if so what do you think of it?

Comment

I've been looking at the Paul Conway American Classic, a traditional style composite. Our department issue is the 660 but the majority of my company have purchased 1010s. Any feedback on the Conway? There are no local dealers so I can check them out first hand.

Comment

Ten_8, I've been field testing the Paul Conway for about Three months now, and find it to be a pretty good helmet. I understand that Lion has just bought out Paul Conway, you might try talking to a Lion rep. The helmet rides low and has a good center of gravity. You also might try the new Morning Pride, Ben 2 plus, it has the feel as the Conway and new features with goggle retension system.

Comment

hmmmm I cant seem to find that helmet thread anywhere ?......
                      IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                      Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                      "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                      http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

I just use an up-turned waste-paper bin..... works fine.

Although it's sometimes hard to see....

Comment

here we are again,

Do a search for helmets for lots of ' very interesting and diverse opinions ' previously posted here. My favorite, dispite the wise cracks, is a Pacific F7, lightest, most comfortable, I like the style, like the protection for side of the head, really great range of motion for head and neck, when 'packed up'. Take your time, look, ask, try out, make the dealers work, then get whats best for you/your dept. Good Luck with it.
                          (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
                          BE SAFE OUT THERE
                          NEVER FORGET
                          GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
                          IACOJ
                          F.O.O.P.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...