X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    FireLt1951 -

Just to be fair, I think saying that LHS "defamed fallen firefighters" goes a bit too far. He said nothing questioning the honor, bravery, or professionalism of the FDNY brothers we've lost this year.

His comment (and I'm paraphrasing here) went something along the lines of, "Look at FDNY - they use straight stream on their attack lines and look how many guys they've killed". It was more a slap at the department than the fallen brothers. Still pretty indefensible, though.

------------------
    J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Can someone tell me where and when he posted this? I knew he was a bad apple (I'm being nice) but to defame fallen firefighters, I really need to read that.

[This message has been edited by FireLt1951 (edited 05-28-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by E229lt:
    As for the facts to prove someone wrong, how do I begin to defend my fallen brothers who have been defamed by this poster?
    Lieu:
    You don't have to defend the brothers to us. I think most of us on here share the same opinion on this one. LHS* is the one whos comments were shameful and indefensible. I haven't seen one person support his venomous, hateful post.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In case someone was waiting, for the record I (the former "MetalMedic" for those who know the whole story) am NOT going to comment on this thread.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    mongofire_99

An excellent, mature way to handle the situation, except......Whenever someone presents Larry with the facts and gives evidence to back up thier argument, his story/argument/delerium changes instantaneoulsy in order to make himself look correct and to berate the subject poster and make him/her look like a dweeb!!!!

Just heard an interesting rumor....Seems that ole' Larry was asked to leave a certain publication recently because of his attitudes...thats why he went and started his own magazine.....hmmmmmm....Note: Only a rumor!!! But certainly a believable one!!!

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sleeper,

Check out the section "Solid Stream Nozzles on Initial Attacks" An interesting topic that goes downhill VERY quickly.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In the past couple of weeks, I have resurrected myself here on the boards, visiting and posting a lot more frequently, but I haven't seen LHS* and he seems to have been quiet. Am I missing something? What has Larry said that ****ed everyone off? I am sure it was something...wouldn't be the first time

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
    Youngstown Fire Department

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Interesting post... I have watched alot of things said by LHS and several others..One thing that comes to mind is that I have always believed as a FF is that we put out fires with knowlegde gut's and determination. These post's on this site are a part of that knowledge we can all learn from our Brothers and Sister's. No need in making the same mistake twice if we can help it, and especially if it may save one of our own. I also take what FF's from creditable post's seriously in what they have to say, which brings me to my point. You damn well better back up what you say here or shut up because FF's lives depend on what you say here. I beleive the the day they start puting fires out by throwing books at it is the day I retire from the FS. HINT LHS. Just back up what you say with experience or shut the hell up because some FF might just be listening to you and what you have to say and make a bad mistake from something you said. Live with that one? A FF's life may depend on what is said here!!!

tc/ss

Fight like you Train and Train like you Fight.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OP's sorry

[This message has been edited by FF.1205 (edited 05-28-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Point taken and I agree. The name calling is history.

As for the facts to prove someone wrong, how do I begin to defend my fallen brothers who have been defamed by this poster?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Gee, I'll bet a Psychiatric resident could get his entire 4 year training just by analyzing some of the personalities and posts on this board over that time. What do you think?

------------------
    Bob Compton

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Grow up...crybabies.

------------------
    The information presented herein is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You guys are making us juniors/explorers/cadets look pretty good right about now!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Gotta agree with mongo on this one, guys. Calling names and ignoring are the coward's way out. I may not agree with everything that LHS says, but if I disagree I bring more honor and respect upon myself by proving him wrong than I do calling him a "sh*t head" or whatever.

That said, I understand why you're ****ed off as hell at LHS. He said some pretty indefensible things - all the more reason it would be more appropriate to prove him the "sh*t head" that he may well be instead of just going, "Nyah nyah" at him.

Just my opinion. Flame away.

------------------
    J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What a great way for grown men to handle disagreements, call each other names instead of settling the disagreement with facts!

Are we great role models for the youth of America or what?

You guys make ME proud!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X