This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technological Developments

What do you consider to be the most important technological development in firefighting in the last 5 years?And why

Without a doubt Thermal Imaging Cameras.
    Why? They give us the one thing we never had in a smoke filled room...OUR SIGHT!

Comment

Once again I have to agree with Plug-Ugly, the Thermal Imaging Cameras have not only saved civilians but also fire fighters by being able to see heat changes before you feel them.

Comment

Yep...I think it's an across the board vote Thermal Imaging has got it hands down...But also keep in mind better construction and more and more people becoming safety conscioucus have reduced the number of Fires in the Home since 1996 and dating back further. Can anybody remember when Fires occured more frequently during the late 70's right on through the 80's but as the equipment got better, laws got tougher and more and more home owners and business owners practiced better fire prevention the number of fires dropped as it continues to do today...Now this doesn't apply in all areas of the country...Some still Burn as much now as they did then and in some cases more than they ever did.....But by Far the Thermal Imaging devices are the greatest in technoligy to happen in the fire service in the last five years

------------------
        STRATFORD FIRE CO. # 1 NEW JERSEY STATE FIREMEN'S CONVENTION
        OVER-ALL CHAMPIONS 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2000 !!

***The Opinions expressed here are strictly my own and do not reflect those of the Department to which I am a Member ! ***

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X