Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strippers help FD with apparatus purchase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it definately portrays a bad image for the department. I'm usually not one to be concerned about what other people think but this creates a poor image for what is supposed to be a respectable organization.

Comment

Do you think the strippers are helping firefighters stay "abreast" of the situation??? Should they "TURN THE OTHER CHEEK"???

I don't believe I said that.

ANYWAY... I'm of two minds on this. First, is it a good reflection on the dept. getting money this way? No! Do I agree with what they did? No! It DOES pose some interesting questions. Does the "local crime syndicate" (if one really existed) launder it's money by contributing funds in ANY town? Does the local PD "look the other way" on any other charges that may arise ? Do the local authorities watch for "overcrowding" or possible "code violations"? Just how DO these things look to Joe Public?

Now for the OTHER side of the coin... Don't the "customers" ie, the TOWNSPEOPLE, deserve the best protection that they dept. can afford? How DO the townspeople feel about it?

Talk about fund raising!

[This message has been edited by Firekatz04 (edited 06-01-2001).]

Comment

Whatever it takes to turn a buck and buy a new truck,so long as it's legal. I feel the boys were doing the right thing.

Comment

IT KINDA MAKES THE CITY, AND DEPT. TO LOOK BAD.
          "BUT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT THEY DO FOR FILL THE BOOT"

Comment

Well, 'tit for tat' what the heck.

Comment

FIRST OFF I WANT Y'ALL TO KNOW THAT I LOVE EACH AND ALL OF YA'......NOW FOR THE CUM-UPINS...WHY? IS IT THAT AS FIREMEN SOME OF US GET ON THIS HIGH-HORSE OF MORALLITY? NOW I KNOW THAT WE HAVE TO BE GOOD IN PUBLIC AND WE ALSO HAVE TO BE GENUINE IN OUR BELIFES, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOME OF THE THINGS I'VE READ HERE CHURN MY GUTTS.. PLEASE... IF THOSE LADIES AND MGT. WANT TO PAY FOR MY NEW TRUCK HELL YEAH I'LL TAKE THE MONEY AND NOT LOOSE A SECONDS SLEEP OVER IT. DO WE NOT GIVE THESE PLACES THE SAME PROTECTION AS ALL OTHERS...AND WOULD WE NOT WALK THE LINE IF THIS PLACE WAS LIT-UP BRIGHT AND WE NEEDED TO DO A RESCUE?..ALL I'M SAYIN' IS JUST UN- SADDLE THAT HORSE AND COME BACK TO THE PLANET WITH THE REST OF US!!! WE LIVE IN A WORLD THAT EVERYONE ELSE WATCHES ON TV. SO LETS ALL ENJOY A BEER AND HALF NEKID LADIES..

------------------
              SEE YA' @ THE BIG ONE!

Comment

I seen a post here that said that nascar had a track about 15 miles from his town and that nascar never provided a piece of equipment. Well I went to Forbs magazine web site and guess who is listed among the 400 richest americans, yes the Frances who own nascar. Perhaps it is time for them to let lose a little money and help protect the people who provide their income. The fans need protection as well as the race crews.
                Thank you for letting me have a say. LC
                also, should big companies like that get big tax breaks?

Comment

I am a female fire fighter....and I am not offended by this at all. We have actually looked into doing celebrity auctions at our firehouse to raise money to put an addition on our building and buy new equipment. What is the difference..we are still selling people for money. Do I think my department would utilize this type of fund raising...probably not...some of the wives and older members might not like it much. But I say whatever pays the bills...if it ain't illegal and the business people were OK with it, then what is the harm? As far as religion goes...I have never had a church donate any money to me or the causes I am involved in so I say they stay out of it. The only way we could do a boot drive or coin drive would be to stand out on a county road or interstate...and I don't see that happening. We have a bar in our town that helps us do rock benefits with local bands, etc. to raise our money, and some people tell us this is wrong because beer is sold there and we are contributing to alcoholism. Well you are never going to please everyone so we do what we need to do and so far we have had no problems.

[This message has been edited by hctrouble25 (edited 06-05-2001).]

Comment

I am not sure what the Sparta FD annual budget is but I am sure it is not more than a shoestring. As for NASCAR footing the bill for the new truck...HA...They provide all the fire, rescue, and EMS for their races.

If they did not accept the donation would we not have a forum to criticize the department for not accepting the much needed money??

Smaller volunteer departments take what they can get. Blame this one on the media for blowing the issue out of proportion.

Comment

Sorry to all of those out there who feel that this gives the department a black eye, however, I think its great. The money was not gathered illegally, so what's the big deal? Now, if the Male strippers had helped would there still be much ado over this? Maybe they should have had an all male review also.

Or, the girls could have made an anonymous donation.

Lighten up folks, its not like they were taking it off in the firehoue.

------------------
                      AAD
                      Eng. Co. 9
                      RFD

"In all of us there are heroes... speak to them and they will come forth."

"In order for us to achieve all that is demanded of us, we must regard ourselves as greater than we are."

[This message has been edited by E_man9RFD (edited 06-07-2001).]

Comment

What makes the owners and employees of a strip club different than the people at the grocery store down the street? They deserve the same service from a fire department, so why can't they support it as well.

Comment

Sparta Fire Department - DOA

I was at Kentucky Speedway for the first time last weekend for some training and figured I would see what all the hooplah was about this story. I was not surprised to find that the Sparta Fire Department has closed. The fire department in Warsaw, KY is covering the area now. I visited with some of their crew while I was in the neighborhood and they told me there were some financial issues that led to the demise of the Sparta department. Not a lack of funds, but a lack of accurate record keeping (so I was told). It makes me wonder now if there was more to this story that what we were able to read about online....
                          Richard Nester
                          Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X