This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Most definitely Towering Inferno is the best....but I also liked Back Draft...come on the guys were hot..if the guys on my department looked like that I would be in big trouble..or they would. ahha I also liked Roxanne...good movie.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TOWERING INFERNO IS #1

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I seem to recall a film I have buried in my Video collection that caught my eye when I was in a backwoods Volley dept. It was a Steve Martin Film called "Roxanne" I still laugh when I remember the similarities with my old crew

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    An old movie for everybody out the Soup to Nuts starring the Three Stooges. I think this was the first movie the stooges were in. Movie centers around the firemens ball Shemp uses an interesting nozzle during the big fire scene at the end.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hell FIghters.

Forgot about that one... good movie.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OK.... HEERE IS SHOPIES TOP 5 FIRE MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!...
    AT # 5.........BACKDRAFT
    AT #4..........FLASH POINT oh hell yes
    AT #3..........FREQUENCY
    AT #2..........TOWERING INFERNO
    AN SHOPIES NUMBER ONE PICK OF THE BEST FIRE-BASED MOVIE OF ALL TIME......HELL FIGHTERS WITH JOHN WAYNE!!!!!

------------------
    SEE YA' @ THE BIG ONE!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fiction = Backdraft
    remember fiction = NOT REAL.
    Ron Howard did the best he could. A movie may have audio but it is a visual medium {just like tv.}
    What Backdraft proved was that no mater the make, Scott, MSA, Survive Air . . . No air pack company makes a face peace large enough to cover an actor's ego!

The best show:
    I have said it before and I will repeat it again. BBC's "Man Alive" series, "The Bronx is Burning" episode. Fallow D. Smith, E82 & T31 around the arson ravaged South Bronx.

Keep Safe,
    James

PS: if you have a copy of "The Bronx is Burning", e-mail me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fireman Frank,

I realize my name is not Brian Dunlap but I figured I'd help you out. I have the Chicago FD "In The Heat Of The Blaze" and FDNY "Brothers in Battle" set. You can order either one online or by calling the phone number on the website.

The website is:
    www.aande.com/tv/shows/billkurtis/index.html

Then just click on the link that says purchase your own copy of investigative reports. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Brian Dunlap, I was just wondering if you still know how to get a copy of the Ivestigative Reports show on A&E about the Chicago Fire Dept. I used to have it on tape from when it first aired, but someone accidentally taped over it. It was a good show and wood like to get another copy of it.

I would appreciate any help you could give me

Thanx.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just came on duty at the station, and wouldn't you know it, Towering Inferno on HBO.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Break: you got it man.

Have the rascals on tape.

3 stooges had some good stuff too.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have to add my vote for Towering Inferno. I did like Backdraft, too, but all of them are played up by Hollywood. I really like when the Batt. Chief in Inferno drives over the supply lines! I bet the pump operator would be a little ****ed in real life!

------------------
    Be safe, have fun!
    Capt. Clay
    South Hays Fire & Rescue
    LEATHER FOREVER!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Break-N-Entry:
    Wait a minute - WAIT A MINUTE !!!! Are you trying to tell me that there's a better firefighting movie than the 1932 Little Rascal's classic "Hook And Ladder"? I don't think so!
    WHAT? No!! I love that one. Haven't seen it in a while.

Althea

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Towering Inferno Has my vote. The fact that it may have had technical inadequacies is irrelevant to me. (backdraft was similar in that respect.) I like the fact that the moral went beyond the typical interpersonal/emotional relationships and got to the base of why most fires happen, lack of fire prevention measures. If they come to us as firefighters to assist in the planning for all buildings then fires would be much less frequent and less devastating. I like a good working fire as much as anyone else, but I sure would like to see sprinklers in ALL buildings residential and commercial.

Well that is my two bits.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have to agree-Towering Inferno-I remember watching it with the whole family! And I also say a great film on the Sioux City crash that was a timeline-the screen was black and every time either the control tower or pilot spoke the time was given in white numbers, it was kinda spooky. They had radio traffic of the pilot,tower and fire crews responding. At the very end they showed the actual approach and crash. Whoa!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X