This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towering Inferno by far...

For all those who say Backdraft, I have a question for you...how long have you been in the fire service? My guess is not very long...

Comment

About a month ago we put Backdraft on in the firehouse because there was nothing on Comedy Central. We found some really funny inconsistencies that the director never caught. Check out the scene in the beginning,The Warehouse fire. Curt Russell is pulling the air horn chain. They cut away for a second and when they pan back to Curt the horn is still blowing but his hand is nowhere near the chain. Hmmmmm
      Stay Safe---Bob.

[This message has been edited by Smokeetr4 (edited 05-27-2001).]

Comment

In reference to the United Flight 232 crash in Sioux City, Iowa. They also run that movie on HBO every once in a while under the title " A Thousand Heroes". I would have to say it is a great movie and really shows how fire, EMS, hospitals and the communities can pull together in a disaster.

Comment

Towering Inferno and Backdraft

Comment

"Flashpoint" starring Jenna Jameson is by far my favorite

Comment

You all need to check out the spoof of Backdraft called Backfire. It is about an all female NYC Fire Department with the new member being the only male on the Department.

Pure, non-PC dark humor. It is awesome!!

------------------
              Take it easy, but be sure to take it!!
              Jim

Comment

LOL @ flashpoint!!!!!
                Towering Inferno has my vote!!

Comment

I guess the reason I like "Backdraft" is because I am not a firefighter But even I know that the movie is seriously unrealistic and way too over-rated sometimes within the fire community. I have always wondered what happened to the smoke in the last scene, the haz-mat fire. Maybe God made the smoke disappear so that the firefighters could see better. Has that ever happened to any of you guys?

But seriously, the way you guys have hyped "Towering Inferno", god, I need to go rent it this week!

------------------
                  Joe
                  Daysleeper47
                  "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
                  "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
                  Youngstown Fire Department

Comment

Backdraft is every firefighters fantasy. Fires with no smoke, jumping across wide spaces with bunker gear on. Oh yeah, swimming in water with bunker gear on...gotta try that trick. The only part of that movie that was close to reality was gettin' some on the hosebed. (Until it was responding to a call, then it was back to fantasy again. Going into fully involved structures with wide open coats and no pack.....'nuff said
                    Oh yeah, favorite movie with fire...Steven Kings "fire starter"

[This message has been edited by ntvilleff (edited 05-29-2001).]

Comment

Looks like I have some movies to rent....Towering Inferno, Backfire, Fire on the 35th Floor, the WTC one with Clooney, the Sioux City crash movie, Frequency, and Flashpoint with Jenna Jamison. Not necessary in that order! I already have FDNY Brothers in Battle and Chicago FD In The Heat Of The Blaze. Thanks for all of the replies.

Comment

"Flashpoint" is an all-time classic......... at the firehouse. (Don't tell the wife)!!!

Where do we find "Backfire", sounds funny.

P.S. When visitors ask if our job is "just like Backdraft", I reply "absolutely, especially the part when his wife kicks him out of his house and he sleeps in a boat down by the river." I know that is bad, but the guys think it's funny.

Comment

So far, I have only been able to find Backfire on USA network, late late late at night, about once every six months.

I taped it the last time, but I am searching for a copy of the original uncut on VHS

------------------
                          Take it easy, but be sure to take it!!
                          Jim

Comment

Ok. Backdraft was a good movie. Its Hollywood. What do you expect? Look at all the movies made about cops. Lethal Weapon, how can all that stuff happen to one set of cops. I like it when the cops can shoot someone and there seems to be no paperwork, no investigation as to whether it was a rightfull shoot. Stuff like that. If some one made a movie about real firefighting that included the cleaning, the sitting around and waiting for calls, to include the bogus alarm activations, and the like then no one would go watch the movie. People want action, mystery and ending with a twist. Everyone should know that Hollywood will get there hands on any story and blow it out of proportion. I liked Backdraft because of what it did for the image of firefighters. Everyone thinks that that is how we live. All you single firefighters out there should be reaping the benifits! (lol) Gotta love Towering Inferno. Steve McQueen as the bat chief. But it too was unrealistic and the firefighters in the 70's were most likely shooting it down too. I asked my Grandfather what he thought of the movie and his first words were it was good but that was not what it was like. So my moral of all this is stop being so anal. Live it up it s Hollywood.

------------------
                            Hamy91

FIrefighters are the chosen people.

My views do not reflect that of my department or the United States Air Force

Comment

Towering Inferno or Backdraft..I know Backdraft is not realistic but most good movies out there are not.....that is why we go see movies in the first place right...The Sioux City Airline disaster was a good movie, my dad actually had a small cameo role in it...Actually they used alot of the FFs and rescuers here in town in the movie...

Comment

Backdraft, at first i didn't like it because of all the things they did wrong, but then i have to remember this is hollywood not a training film.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X