Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What areas in the U.S. might give the best chance to being hired as a firefighter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Many Departments in the Northern Virginia arear are hiring like crazy. Loudon County, Fairfax County. and some others, most of them are begining the transition from all volunteer to having career staff help during the day so they are mostly day time gigs not shift work personally id go for the shift work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I Have herd that Las Vegas, Nev. and the Clark County Fire Department also serving Las Vegas are going to be adding Stations in the comming years and are going to need many individuals to staff them

------------------
    STRATFORD FIRE CO. # 1 NEW JERSEY STATE FIREMEN'S CONVENTION
    OVER-ALL CHAMPIONS 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2000 !!

***The Opinions expressed here are strictly my own and do not reflect those of the Department to which I am a Member ! ***

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for the info TruckCo, greatly appreciated-----this forum stuff sure is good.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Your right Robbie, lets not forget Charlotte lol. Here are a few stats for you RRR on Charlotte...since 1999 Charlotte has hire alomst 160 firemen. Thats to date. They plan to run 2 more classes of boots through this year. With the building of stations in the next few years I can guarentee those numbers of fireman are going to rise. So if you dont mind working the job in the southeast, you might want to look into it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    pfr172,

I don't know what station he is at. I actually don't even know him. I was at the Nova Scotia f/f school a few years ago and an instructor knew of him (or knew him,not sure). He said this guy really wanted to be a paid f/f and while looking in the IfSTA Essentials of F/F text he saw a lot of pictures of Plano f/fs demonstrating the practicals------so he decided to head for the Plano f.d. based on that, a bit of a funny story if it is true.

I wouldn't blame Americans for not wanted Canadians to take f/f jobs in the U.S. because there a probably enough of your own that would like the job but the reason I ask about this guy is because I would ask him how he was able to legally qualify for employment in the U.S.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    RRR, I dont know any one off the top of my head, but do you know which station he or she works at?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well you can try the City of Houston, Tx. They will be hiring alittle over a 1,000 firefighters over the next couple of yrs. They are hurting in a big way right now for firefighters, due to the large amount of personnel taking there retirement. So, I would say if you really want a job right now Houston is the place to go.

Just my .02 cents

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    NSfirechap,

I have thought about it some and it seems like some fire departments like the extensive training the military gives and/or the discipline, when they are looking at hiring a recruit. Is this right?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    pfr172,

You don't happen to know a Plano f/f that is originally from Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Canada do you?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ever thought about the military> I was a firefighter in the Air Force for 14 years. Was a great way to start.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    gah74, how did you guess that? Yes it was for Garland. Actually the commercial was pretty cool and it will probably get a lot of applicants. As far as Plano's salaries....well im not complaining!lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here in N.C it seems every time you turn around many depts.are hiring. High Point F.D. does a lot of hiring, Winston Salem F.D. hires it seems 2 times a year and even Greensboro hires a bunch lots of big cities in piedmont N.C hire often and lets not forget Charlotte F.D. they do there share also. I going to stay at my small dept. (some times bigger aint always better.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've heard that pretty much every state in the southeast US is hurtin for people. I was unaware of the reciprocity issues with florida, but maybe Georgia/South Carolina would be a good place to look.

------------------
    FF. Mike Burnes
    Whitehall Fire Division

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    pfr172...Hey, I bet it was the advertisement for our department here in Garland. So how are things at the Plano FD? Are you guys getting paid 6 figure salaries yet? It kinda makes me want to quit and go test up there.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As far as areas with fast population growth, north Texas has some of the fastest growing cities in the nation. I saw an ad on TV for FF/Paramedic jobs in a city close to me. There are many job opprotunities here.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X