Shorts on Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLWFWFD:

Glad to see your administration recognizes the advantages of wearing shorts in the Texas heat. Maybe they can call down here and convince ours.

Comment

We are aloud to wear shorts if the temperature is above 85 degrees and if the humidity warrants it! All outside activites are stopped. It doesn't happen much in Portland Maine, maybe 3 or 4 times a summer. Hopefully this info is helpful. I can get the protocal if someone needs particulars. Let me know!

Comment

Paid and haven't worn pants in 2 years, florida is damn hot.

Comment

My own personal "opinion" is that they look pretty tacky and unprofessional.

I am also in Florida and we do not wear them but in my second job I travel to Fire Departments that do. I see guys in shorts with knee high white socks or faded color socks... It just is so unprofessional in my opinion.....
          09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
          ------------------------------
          IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
          "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
          BMI Investigator
          ------------------------------
          The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

For those who work for FDs that allow shorts, could you please email me? I would like to get some letters from Chiefs that allow shorts, so I have some material to back up my reasons for the shorts. I have seen FDNY and other FDs with shorts and do not feel they look tacky. If they help to keep us cool and allow us to work longer, they seem to be well worth it. Thanks!!!
            digg[email protected]
            Last edited by FFDigger; 10-07-2003, 10:59 PM.
            Erik "Digger" Meyer
            Iowa City Fire
            A-shift, Station 1

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse