Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most odd question people have asked you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one isn't really humorous as it ended with the death of an elderly man but...An EMS service was dispatched to a man down in the front yard. When they arrived, they determined the man had died and was beyond help. After explaining this to his wife they were attempting to figure out what happened. The woman said she had watched him collapse in the yard while raking leaves and immediately called 911, but she never got an answer. She had been running around the neighborhood franticly trying to get help for about 20 minutes untila policeman came by. The medics went to her phone and hit redial only to realize that she had been dialing 919 (the local area code) the whole time.

(I apologize if this reposts, getting error msg's again.)

------------------
    Jim Edge, Paramedic/Firefighter
    Wilmington NC
    [email protected]

Comment

Doing flood evacuations with fireboat during last hurricane: "Can you boys come back and get me in an hour? I'm watching my soaps."

Comment

this lady calls the station saying her cat is stuck on top of this pole with wires and can we get it down. I tell her call the power company they make house calls for cats.
        To cure those pain in the *** reporters,town gossipers,rocket scentists, or any one else that over looks the obvious. I say give me 10.00 and I'll tell you, that usually makes them walk away some are ****ed and some aren't.

Comment

Daysleeper 47 & anyone else this thread is F*cked up if you send a reply you'll get Internal Server Error on your screen which ****es you off thinking your reply didn't go through. Which in fact it did go through so you send it again, hense forth the reason why there are duplicate and triplicate posts.

[This message has been edited by canman (edited 06-02-2001).]

Comment

I was doing fire prevention in a smoke trailer with a bunch of small kids. Another ff and myself we explaining what to do if smoke starts to come in youyr room and you can't get out of it. It has always been tought to put a towel or blanket under the door to help smoke from getting in. Well one kid piped up and asked "what do you do if the towel catches on fire?" We both look at each other and go HMMMMMM?

Comment

LMfire,
              Haha. I was working the Kid's Fire Safety House, that's what we call our smoke trailer, and I also had a question stump me. We were in the little kitchen and I signaled they guys working in the control room to activate the smoke detector in the kitchen (it's one of those with the sound and the flashy light for the hearing impaired). After explaining what the flashing light was for, the question came..."What if someone is deaf and blind and they can't see OR hear the alarm???"

Though I'm sure there is an answer for that, I didn't have it. I just pointed out that someone with such impairments most likely wouldn't be living alone...yikes...that's a tough one...
              ~Courtney

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X