Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most odd question people have asked you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most odd question people have asked you?

Last saturday we had a 12 year boy come into the station. We had been to his house numerous times for his dad and a problem with seizures. Well, about a month ago his dad passed on. This kid came into the station and was just full of questions. The kid was asking all kinds of questions. He was fun, and very inteligent. But one question that he asked I had to laugh at. I don't know where he got it from but, he asked me how much air belongs in the tires on the engine. He had many more questions then that, but I got a kick out of it.
    What have people asked you that was a interesting?

Stay safe,

Mark

------------------
    If in doubt - Call us out

You mean questions other than "Why do you have those lights and siren's on the trucks"

or

"Why don't you have a white and black dog like they do on TV"

Gotta love kids....they are fun....

Comment

Other than: Are you the secratary?
      I can't really think of any.

Althea

Comment

People come in asking for directions and say
        Do you know how to get to such and such street? and I say "yes"...let a few seconds of silence go by and ask "oh you want to know how to get there from here?"

------------------
        Firefighters: Today's heroes protecting everyone's tomorrows!
        Captain Gonzo

Comment

In a recent defensive driving class I was teaching, we were speaking about emergency vehicles and civilians yielding the right of way.

One twentysomething female asked the following: "If an emergency vehicle comes from behind you while you are stopped at a red light and then passes you, when the light turns green can I go through it???????"

She was serious folks....and no she wasn't blonde.

Lt. Kevin C. (aka Pokey)

Comment

In a recent defensive driving class I was teaching, we were speaking about emergency vehicles and civilians yielding the right of way.

One twentysomething female asked the following: "If an emergency vehicle comes from behind you while you are stopped at a red light and then passes you, when the light turns green can I go through it???????"

She was serious folks....and no she wasn't blonde.

Lt. Kevin C. (aka Pokey)

Comment

Since my grandpa is a firemen, I constantly get "volunteered" for all of the jobs nobody else wants to do...i.e. washing trucks, rolling hoses and, worse yet, being Smokey Bear. At our last open house, I was in costume and some little boy came up an asked me if I was "real." I couldn't really do anything but shake my head yes. Then he asked me if I fight forest fires and, again, I shook my head yes. After that he said, "So, if you fight forest fires, you have to wear a helment. How does it fit on your head?"
              This one left me stumped and I wasn't quite sure what to do...I just shrugged my shoulders, gave him a balloon, and walked away.
              ~Courtney

Comment

Since my grandpa is a firemen, I constantly get "volunteered" for all of the jobs nobody else wants to do...i.e. washing trucks, rolling hoses and, worse yet, being Smokey Bear. At our last open house, I was in costume and some little boy came up an asked me if I was "real." I couldn't really do anything but shake my head yes. Then he asked me if I fight forest fires and, again, I shook my head yes. After that he said, "So, if you fight forest fires, you have to wear a helment. How does it fit on your head?"
                This one left me stumped and I wasn't quite sure what to do...I just shrugged my shoulders, gave him a balloon, and walked away.
                ~Courtney

Comment

~Courtney

Comment

I love this one....

After extinguishment on a house fire, a genleman asked..

"So, how much do you guy's charge?"

Gotta love tellin him nothing!!!

Comment

I love this one....

After extinguishment on a house fire, a gentleman asked..

"So, how much do you guy's charge?"

Gotta love tellin him nothing!!!

Be safe out there!!

Comment

Sorry for the multiple posts guys, something has gone screwy. I keep getting these nice little "ERROR" messages.
                        ~Courtney

Comment

the best one was from one of our illustrius selectmen...
                          when we got our new Pierce pumper in March, he asked "what are we gonna do with it?"

Comment

the best one was from one of our illustrius selectmen...
                            when we got our new Pierce pumper in March, he asked "what are we gonna do with it?"

Comment

Thought of another one...We just got a new recruit, a 19 y/o guy. The other day we were washing the trucks before a parade and he was doing well. He wasn't even too slow about it. Then, he had to ruin it. He came to one of the pump panels, stopped dead in his tracks, turned around and asked me,

"Does it matter if this gets wet?"

Duh. The guages are filled with water. I had the hose and he had just watched me wet it down like 5 minutes before hand, and he also saw everything get soaked when he lost his grip on a line at pump training. I don't think the guys are gonna let him forget that one any time soon.
                              ~Courtney

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X