X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ggtruckie
    Guest replied
    There is this guy at a neighboring deprtment that will buy old engines restore them and whatever he dosn't use he will put on his suburban that by the way is painted just like an FDNY Batt. damn thing has more lights than times square on new years. oh and then he had the nerve to put union stickers on it. I hear the union has a price on his head. Thanks for the laugh. keep em comming.

Leave a comment:

• chief1001
    Guest replied
    Hey I Know this guy hes the county OEM director. He installed one on the county dodge pickup, which also has an air pack,tnt tool, haligan bar, short pike, and a flat head axe with some spanner wrenches thrown in
    JUST IN CASE.

Leave a comment:

• ceno2749
    Guest replied
    Ifear,
    You are one funny fella. God, that was sooo funny!!!

Leave a comment:

• 86Rescuetech
    Guest replied
    Where I come from, that is called a WHACKER! It's amazing, society says the youth of today have no goals and don't put there mind to anthing!

Leave a comment:

• Corvin
    Guest replied
    LMAO

Tried desparately to find a picture of our "county chief's car" to upload to you. It's like a 72 Impala (with a Q screwed to the hood) hand/brush painted red with misc lights (the old Georgia Highway Patrol bubble gum machine on the trunk).

This vehicle has the words "joe blow" chief car painted on the door and then will mysteriously be dropped off in the chiefs station parking lot. He usually throws a fit, then has it explained to him, hides it for 6 months or so and then repaints "ed smith" on the side and drops it off in another fire station parking lot in the county. It just keeps moving around.

At last glimpse its now a convertible (someone sawzalled the roof off)

Fears post made think of it, thought you'd all get a hoot out of the idea of the Johnson County Chiefs car)

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Fyresq50-1077
    Guest replied
    What ya have to do is to run a belt from the Q to another alternator, so that when the Q winds up, it spins its own alternator up, creating the neccessary current. Kinda like one of them there perpetual motion thingies, it becomes self sufficient once it is turned on. If you kin find an undersized pulley for the alternator, then you kin make enough juice to fire up all of them edge bars too, and you kin probably add a few more lights and an inverter so you kin put a laptop in there with a cell modem and post here from your car, while responding. Wouldn't that be so cool!???

------------------
    Take it easy, but be sure to take it!!
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• ChiefMcD
    Guest replied
    Who ever said that we didn't like hooples?

HA HA HE HE HE HA HA HA!

Leave a comment:

• Jolly Roger
    Guest replied
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's good! Thanks ifear!

Leave a comment:

• SFD-129-3
    Guest replied
    I know somebody whos girlfriends best friend actually did this!

Leave a comment:

• Grit
    Guest replied
    Very good Ifear.

Reminds me of the time our only paid guy (I was still in NJ) had to stop his pumper during an emergency response because all the jury-rigged wiring under the dash started smoking. Well he was alone, and walked with quite a limp (this is not a joke). By the time he got an extinguisher and got back to the cab, the inside was fried up really good.

Leave a comment:

• FP&LS Guy
    Guest replied
    If you put it on your motorcycle, mount it sideways ... you get another 10-15 MPH out of it !! Or maybe put it on a sidecar. That way you have room to mount the pushbumpers to add extra strobelights (as if there is such a thing as "extra" lights) and maybe 4 or 5 of those little deer whistles backwards so they jump out in the road as you drive by.

Leave a comment:

• nomad1085
    Guest replied
    No no no, you are thinking to small for a POV. If you really want to clear some old ladies from your path, mount an Outdoor Warning siren on your roof. If it is an old mechanical one, you may need to use 2 for counter torque. Then if there is a lot of traffic, just crank it all the way up and it will probably lift you off the ground and you can fly over the other cars. If you mount 5 or 6 Grover airhorns facing back on your trunk, you can use them as boosters to push you forward once in the air ( a few more in the front to use as brakes.)

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Philip C
    Guest replied
    Hey, what about the electronic siren? You need two sirens of differing tonal range and harmonic resonance in order to have the greatest frequency penetration and distance. Don't you know ANYTHING??!!!?!? You'd better add a G.E. Powercall to your p.o.v. just in case. Take care and be safe.

------------------
    Phil Clinard
    Laurel VFD
    Prince George's Co Sta 10
    Laurel, MD
    www.laurelvfd.org

Leave a comment:

• ntvilleff
    Guest replied
    Hmmmm....any pointers on how to rig one up on a motorcycle??

Leave a comment:

• jizumper-5
    Guest replied
    A+ for you. I started reading this and like everyone I was thinking, here we go again with the whacker moblie. I got about half way through and a tear formed in my left eye. It is so good to get some humor in these posts. Great 1st impression.

------------------
    Keep Safe!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...