This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q on my car!

Hey, you can easily run a Federal Q on your car. Take my pick up, I got a Q off of one of the old trucks in the barn and wired er up. First problem I had was I melted all my battery cables and the alternator fried. The front Edge bar worked but one of the side ones stopped. But I had a friend down
    at the vo-tech that could help. Seem as though my truck only had ONE alternator and ONE battery!. Now a 72 ford F-150 with an 8' bed can hold A LOT of batteries. I just got some old truck batteries and a couple of cases of "D" cells and started wiring. Next thing ya know it works. So I turn
    the key to start it and the starter spun right off of the engine, even blew
    out the speakers on the ol sparkomatic. I had to make some adjustments to the voltage, the folks at the power company helped with that. Next thing was keeping em charged, as luck would have it I could make it just about to the fire house before the batteries would die. I found out that if I shut
    off the back edge bar and one of the arrow sticks, I could leave the other 3 edges and 14 hidden strobes on and make it to the firehouse. When I press the Q button the head light wig wags stop and my dashmaster exploded, but I figure wearing welding glasses when I drive will take care of that. Gotta be careful while driving with a Q on your car though, had a little mishap to
    share with ya. I had just mounted her to the hood, I wanted to put it on
    the roof, but with the 4 edge bars and 3 antennas, there was no room, We got a call, put my goggles on and took off. I had just gotten up to 60 when I noticed the Q start shakin on the hood, she was drawin a little bit of juice, but I figured if I went fast enough I'd be ok... next thing ya know
    the clock is spinning backwards and my Garth Brooks CD is spinning backwards and he is sayin some EVIL words! I didn't have much time to think when the Q tore right outta my hood and through the windshield!!! After I got out of the clinic, I took her back to the vo-tech and a buddy welded up some steel
    to my hood so she wouldn't come loose. I had it all ready to go, even put 3 more alternators on the engine (that was easy, just get rid of that power steering and air conditioning, don't need that no how) So the Q was ready and we had a call, just as I had wound her all the way up... CHICKENS! Now
    I know why them pilots are worried about birds in their engines! Well, when I get out of the clinic, Im gonna try it again. By the way, what is a hoople?

ifear:

I LOVE IT !!!!!!

You made my day when I read this. I fell off the chair I was luaghing so hard. Thanks again - you should do stand up. The funny thing is that there are people out there who actually try stuff like this. Ha Ha LOL. Hooples be ware.

------------------
    IAFF member, Love this job! Hate SCABS!

Comment

man your luck sounds like mine the first time i tried to wire up a dash light in my truck i guess i got the wires mixed up cause i turned on my light and next thing i know imy dash caught fire, good thing i had a portable extinguisher with me...........

talk about a hard time from everybody at the station!

------------------
      ...fire fetish???......
      ...damn right!!!!

Comment

I Give it 10 + +....Very Comical but I'm guessing there are guys out there who might try to wire a Federal Q to the 'OL Lincoln --- Like KiethA8 Said....You should do stand up neat story...I'm still weak from laughing

NICE JOB !!

------------------
        STRATFORD FIRE CO. # 1 NEW JERSEY STATE FIREMEN'S CONVENTION OVER-ALL CHAMPIONS 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2000 !!

Comment

I was ROFLMAO when I read this! If I didn't know it was joke, you would be my #1 choice for the HOTY award ("Hoople Of The Year!)

------------------
          Firefighters: Todays heroes protecting everyones tomorrows!
          Captain Gonzo

[This message has been edited by Captain Gonzo (edited 05-13-2001).]

Comment

well, i'm gonna have to print this out for next time we go to a call and we wind up the Q on the engine. That way everyone will know why i'm laughing soo hard. Not bad at all, you got my vote! Peace.

------------------
            Matt
            Newtown Fire Association
            Station 45

Comment

LMAo

------------------
              Andrew
              South Amboy, New Jersey
              Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
              "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
              http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplorerpost6/

Comment

I think we have another AFFRescue wannabe. (No offense AFF, you have gotten much better,your posts are worth writing about now). But what is the point of having all that crap on your car? If you are trying to cause a rolling fire hazard, well you are doing a good job! Do your other firefighters laugh at you? What about your chief, does he appreciate having to send an extra engine to go put out your car fire while he deals with another fire somewhere else? Anyways, Your first post in this forum gave many people alot of laughs. (But we aren't impressed by your stupidity).

Comment

Ifear... LOVE it. BTW, maybe you should try ANOTHER Q'... you know, mount one on each side of the hood. Sort of torque and counter torque... That way the truck won't spin when you Q' up!

Comment

BWAAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious!

BTW pfr172, I believe it was a joke.(at least I hope so) Lighten up.

Comment

Ummm...pfr...that was called "humor". Sheez, lay off the serious pills.

------------------
                      J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

Comment

The only thing I've read on these forums more hilarious than the original post....was pfr172's response....dude...tell me you're joking as well! HAHAHAHAHA

FTM-PTB-EGH

Comment

I guess I will save a few of you guys from a coronary. Yes I was joking and laughing the whole time I wrote my response thinking about what it must be like to have a dashmaster blow up in your face! I am with the rest of yall in hoping that this was a joke.

Comment

pfr...thank you for the clarification...my faith hath been restored.

FTM-PTB-EGH

Comment

you know, mount one on each side of the hood. Sort of torque and counter torque...

Great point Firekatz04, but he must remember to wire them opposite. That way they're not spinning the same direction and he'll get the counter torque. Otherwise he'll just increase torque to one side and maybe flip the lightbar/antenna top heavy hoople mobile over.

Too funny....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X