This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Q's????

Does anyone know where I can buy a federal Q? I know they're not cheap, and very hard to get, but if you think you can help me out...PLEASE reply!!!! Thanks,

I once seen them in a Darley Fire Equipment book but i dont know how to get one. You may try to find them in Firehouse.com look in equipment or links it might me there somewhere.

Comment

Unless you're talking about antique Q sirens, they're really not hard to find. You'll notice that Q2B's can be found on a ton of new trucks.

They're made by Federal Signal Corporation and sold as Q2B Electro-Mechanical Sirens.

Here's the link: http://www.fedsig.com/fire/fire/prod...ren/index.html

Comment

Or look on ebay. they have a firefighting collectable category with at least two of them this week.

Comment

fireman_1,

What are you planning to do with it? I hope you are not going to try to install it on a personal vehicle. Legalities aside, The Q draws massive amounts of current(somewhere around 100 amps) and your vehicle's electrical system will NOT like it.

Stay Safe

Jim

Comment

I'm probably going to get hell for this and don't get me wrong, I love the Q. If you are concerned about the amp draw, you may want to look into the new Whelen X-Ecutor siren. It is like a normal electronic siren, but also has an mechnical siren sound. I have heard it and it sounds really sweet. It has all the standard tones (Wail, Yelp, Piercer, PA, & Radio Re-Broadcast). The airhorn sounds like a real set of grover airhorns. When you put the knob on the x-ecutor function, you press the manual button and it produces the mechanical siren sound, full wind up and it winds down when you let go. Get this, there is even a brake button that also sounds like a real siren brake. Probably the oddest part is it even has a "Ringing Bell" selection that makes a bell sound like the old antiques.

It sounds really nice, and draws 10 amps, as opposed to 100 like a Q. Just an option.

Matt

Comment

You won't catch hell from me nomad ... I just want to know where I can get one!! Actually, I can't put one on my vehicle, but I still love the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by FP&LS Guy:
                You won't catch hell from me nomad ... I just want to know where I can get one!! Actually, I can't put one on my vehicle, but I still love the idea.
                Not many places carry them yet since it is so new. Look around for dealers on the internet, I've seen a few around. I'd buy it for my pickup truck JUST for the airhorn tone it has, it is so awsome. And the ringing bell thing could be good for parades (on an apparatus, not my truck)

Matt

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X