This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from FDNY

Anyone from the FDNY or anywhere else know where they get their nomex shorts from?

Tim Dahulich FF/EMT-P
    Binghamton Fire Dept
    IAFF Local 729

Shorts issued by the FDNY are not nomex -- they are merely cotton; anything that is isuued by the FDNY is issued through the Quartermaster at Fort Totten.

Comment

But where does the FDNY get them from? I doubt they have some guy making them in the back ...

------------------
      Joe
      Daysleeper47
      "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
      "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
      Youngstown Fire Department

Comment

Actually Daysleeper, they do! You see when a member gets injured, and has to go on light duty, they are re-assigned to a number of different areas where their expertise will be put to good use. One such area is the Quartermaster, and members proficient with a sewing machine are put to use making shorts for firefighting! So you see...............But really folks, these are cotton shorts, navy in color, with pockets, belt loops, and a zipper. NOTHING SPECIAL, except FDNY embroidered on the leg. I'm sure your uniform supplier can get them, I know Gall's has them. Hope this helps!

------------------
        FTM - PTB

Comment

51Truck,

ROFLMAO...............

Dave

------------------
          May your vents be leeward, your searches be negative, and your overhaul complete......
          FTM-PTB-EGH

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X