X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED ADVISE

[This message has been edited by Lt.Debo (edited 05-11-2001).]

My advice would be for your husband to make an appointment with the Chief and discuss it with him. Maybe some of the other guys are old school types that want all the calls to themselves maybe not who knows but its better to have discussions with the chief and highers than to quit or be distressed.

Comment

As always there are 2 sides to a story. However based on what you wrote this Department has issues. 1st appointing an officer with limited training and experience. Your Husband should never have been placed in that position personally. It's tough enough with many years experience and training.

Your husband appears to be dedicated to the cause and duties he agreed to uphold.

The key word here that we often forget "Volunteer". Departments are always looking for high levels of dedication in the members and often we ask too much from our people. It's refreshing to have people that really try to make a difference and accept challenges.

If there is another department that can use an individual who is dedicated to do the job and welcomes him. Make the move.

Comment

Hi,
        Would this move involve moving your residence? If so then it's not worth the trouble. If not then how far away is the next dept.? Would he be helpful so far away? I would talk to these people man to man that have a problem with him and ask them their advice on how he could improve. This shows that he is not on a high horse and is willing to hear some constructive feedback (Without an attitude). He will look like the better man. I hope these differences get worked out. Keep us posted. And remember the firehouse is a place of ridicule and hazeing. It just comes with the territory. I hope the chief officers of this dept. know they may lose a valuable and dedicated person. Volunteers are hard to come by now a days.

------------------
        IAFF member, Love this job! Hate SCABS!

Comment

In this day good/dedicated volunteers are hard to come by in many regions of the country. I stand in agreement with what has been said.

It also sounds like some egos might have been brused. I don't know about your husbands personality, but he may be perceived as a threat to the others. It may sound childish but it happens.

I would say stick it out until he feels that he has no other choice.

Good Luck!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X