This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antarctic Fire Service

if anyone knows anyone interested the Antarctic Fire Service will be hiring 2002 firefighter teams in the next couple of months.

Pay is $50,000 for 6 months plus a post assignment all expenses paid trip to New Zealand.

Training is at Rocky Mountain Fire Academy (denver and Aurora Colorado Fire Departments Joint Training Facility)

Living quarters is spacious and its actually pretty cool down there.

If anyone is interested email me
    [email protected]

Are you going?

Comment

Ive already been there and done that 3 times in the last 8 years.

went as firefighter in 93
      crew chief in 96 and operations chief in 99

Comment

My uncle was business director for the Biodome down there for several years back in the day. He said that they had an agility tet when you got there in which they drop you in a crevasse and give you so much time to get out. Don't know if they still do it.

Althea

Comment

We did ours in Denver.

Raytheon now runs this program. Different companies have won the bid in the past including Rural Metro.

Comment

Was just asking. Myself I am not interested, but thanks for the 4-1-1.

Comment

I would just like to warn forum participants about Nate Marshall. If you are familiar with this forum you will know that he makes a habit of bashing brother firefighters. A good example of this, and a view of how many forum members feel about Nate can be seen under the forum topic Du'oh.

Finally, from what I've seen him post in other forums I would be very careful before I chatted with him about any possible job ventures.

[This message has been edited by SAY_WHAT (edited 05-09-2001).]

Comment

You know what Say_What,

Yeah Nate can be a pain in the *** lots of the time and he can come across as arrogant, and yes he could lay off the bashing of others. I would say to Nate that he may get farther with promoting safety if he used the "I am trying to help you out, if that ok" approach but hey I guess its his choice. But you know what Say_What. I just logged on for the first time in a week and guess what I find. You seeming to stalk Nate and unfortunately..becoming Nate. Wheather you bash a group, a department or an individual it's still bashing. I don't care if its Nate or someone else but just pass the word to everyone that WHOEVER it is that is IGNORE them! I come on here to get ideas and learn from my brother firefighters. Sometimes I find out positive things I'm doing and yes sometimes through this forum I realize negative things I'm doing. So please let the talk continue. If you don't like it don't respond. Guys like Nate if they want attnetion will realize that the are getting the cold shoulder with negative responses. And hopefully they will change their ways. Perhaps this is why you see Nate posting some issues that are upbeat. Please realize I'm not here cutting you down. I'm just saying there are going to be these types. As for Nate, you know you can get more students to listen with a cookie in your hand than with a big stick. Cause they will focus on the stick and not the message my friend.

------------------
                I shall fear no evil, for I am a Firefighter

Comment

This topic started off with no bashing. Everything was peaceful, with no negative comments. Please don't turn this topic into a Nate-bashing topic...we've already seen enough of those lately. As far as SAY_WHAT said about not trusting Nate about job ventures, you should be careful when talking to *ANYONE* on the internet about job ventures. I might not agree with what Nate has said in the past, but if he is being peaceful and nice then let him be. Don't antagonize him so that he feels he needs to fire back with his unfavorable comments.

Comment

As soon as I get the details on what this years requirements will be Ill post the link. Raytheon took over for Antarctic Support Services which went out of business. Raytheon is a major defense contractor that also supplies crews at airfields and research stations. Its a solid company but I dont work for them. It is a great experience from when I went with A.S.S and will be again.

Quals in 1999 when I was ops chief was firefighter 1/emt at least 2 years of experience as a firefighter.

Great opportunity.

Comment

Link to fire jobs in the Antarctic
                      http://rpsc.raytheon.com/employ/results.asp?cat_id=7

Comment

Thanks
                        I wasnt sure what their new site was since they changed admin.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X