This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Bags for turnout gear

I am looking for some input on step-in bags or whatever other type bags are good and what would be the best buy. I have a good bag right now but it really was not made for what I am using it for, and I just don't want to be investing in another bag in a year again. Thanks

Don't bother with one. I used to use one, but it just seemed to slow me down when I needed my gear. Now I just leave my gear in my trunk, or it hangs in the station.

Comment

Yea I have to agree...even though it doesnt look nice and neat without a bag.....the bags slow you down ALOT no matter how quick they say you can access them....

------------------
      Andrew
      South Amboy, New Jersey
      Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
      "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
      http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplorerpost6/

Comment

We use the step-in bags from Gall's. I really like mine for the simple fact that I can grab the bag and I know everything I need is in there. It holds everything I need it too. Just my 2 cents!

Todd

Comment

Does speed really count, how long does it take to unzip a bag and get your gear on? The bags are very popular with my dept. we operate 2 volunteer stations and not knowing which station we should respond to, we throw the bag in the rig and go.

------------------
          ...James
          [email protected]
          Training Officer
          Olney - Walluski Fire District # 35 (Oregon)

Comment

I use one of the step in bags from Gall's. I've had it for about 3 years or so I guess and It's held up well so far. I don't actually "step - in" to it, but I've found that my gear fits in it better than other bags I've seen or used in the past. It helps me a lot, I'm volunteer, and we take out gear home. I'm not always driving the same vehicle and it makes it easier to just grab the bag when taking another car, and taking it inside the station, or bringing it in the house in the winter. Cold gear sucks! If I were to recommend a bag, this is the one, plus it's less expensive than most others available, especially if you can catch it on sale.

Comment

A nice in the bed of your truck or trunk of your car is a small tool box or chest that will hold your gear. Figure a way strap your coat to your boots and pants and go to Army Surplus and buy a flight helmet bag for you helmet and gloves and hood. That way you only have two things to carry. Get two of the helmet bags, they can carry many things.

Larry

Comment

I don't use a gear bag for my front line gear, just hang it on the rig at the start of each tour and on the gear rack in between.
                I do use one to keep my spare set of gear in though. I found a large zippered duffel bag purchased from a surplus store works well and was a fraction of the cost of a bag made specifically for firefighters. So what if doesn't have a maltese cross stenciled on it?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X