Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cairns Leather.

Comment

The Cairns N6A Houston is the way to go. Mine took a toss from the back of our ladder truck. Came away with only skid marks.

Another member of our dept accidently ran one over with a ford grass truck (with about 100 to 150 gal of H2O on board!) Had to send that one to the factory for inspection they replaced the 6" shield, suspension system, and brass.

The inner shell did not come apart from the outer layer!

Others have gone though intense heat, and so far it has only effected the paint and yellow reflectors on outter shell!

Comment

flash

I wore a cairns 1010 that I bought out of my own pocket for 4 years and I LOVED IT. It was definatly one of the most comfortable helmets I have ever worn.

The only thing I'm seeing nowadays is a change in the suspension system on all cairns helmets. I have this new suspension system in the leather sam houston my dept bought me, and while I'm not noticing much of a differnce yet (I've only had it a month) in comfort, it definatly seems to be much more flimsy than my old suspension. Unfortunatly cairns seems to be switching to this on all their helmets and I've yet to investigate whether there is an upgrade to that.

Anyways, I would definatly recommend the 1010 over anything, it sits low on your head (unlike the ben franklin) has great heat protection, is very lightweight, and generally very comfortable.

BTW - No I do not work for cairns, I just loved that helmet

------------------
        FF. Mike Burnes
        Whitehall Fire Division

Comment

If anyone wants to part with any extra ,or old helmets left laying around gimme a yell.
          We could use a few good helmets.

Comment

medtranz,

check out e-bay, they have a section for fire helmets, you can get some servicable helmets for not much money, if you keep your eyes open for the good ones.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmm still looking
              IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
              Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
              ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
              RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
              LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
              I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
              "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Try it you'll like it.....

Pacific F7, light, comfortable, side protection, built in shield and flashlight holder, best for range of motion of head and neck when 'packed up', just get your immunizations shot, for being called fighter pilot, maverick, etc.
                (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
                BE SAFE OUT THERE
                NEVER FORGET
                GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
                IACOJ
                F.O.O.P.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...