This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutual Aid- Not calling for BC

Bullheadedness- Not calling for BC out of spite...

What is the purpose of this forum?

Comment

No kidding.....what in the hell are you talking about??????

------------------
      JMK271
      ***Stay safe out there***
      ***These opinion(s) are my own, and not that of the department in which I serve***

Comment

O.K. folks - this is PURELY speculation on my part, but here goes.

I suspect this thread was started by a Disgruntled (or otherwise unhappy) Tazwell County FF over a decision made by his Chief.

What information do I use to support this speculation ?
        1) There has been a long time Forum Member tc1chief who is also from Tazwell County (Chief of Station 1 no less).
        2) TCFDSTA#1-379 registered this month and has thus far only made this single post.

O.K. - I'm done playing Sherlock Holmes for the moment.

Now I state the facts that I know.
        - There is NO reason to try and start a "****ing contest" on these forums.
        - There is no reason to bring a local "in house" problem out into a public forum.
        - I don't know what incident this is over (nor do I want to)
        - I don't know the specifics of the event (nor do I want to)
        - I DO know that I hope that tc1chief does not dignify this attack with a reply.

TCFDSTA#1-379 - "In House" problems should stay in house. By posting here you have only brought humiliation on yourself and to your department.

By this post I am not "taking sides" nor am I trying to say who is right or wrong. Further more I have never met either of these parties nor would I know them if I met them on the street today. I am merely saying that this is neither the place nor the means to resolve a disagreement between you and another member of your department.

These are my thoughts & opinions and mine alone.

Take Care - Stay Safe
        Stephen
        FF/Paramedic

[This message has been edited by N2DFire (edited 04-26-2001).]

Comment

Very well Put N2DFire!!

Comment

I agree, very well put N2DFIRE (like the name also). I hope by TCFDSTA#1-379 not responding to these replies that he has cooled off and thought twice about what he started. My hats are off if this is the case. We do not need inter-departmental bull on these forums.

I sure would like to know what he meant, though. I'm just wondering, what is BC?

Keep it clean, keep yourself safe, and good day!!

Comment

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that our friend means Battalion Chief.

If that is the case, then I am guessing that when mutual aided, maybe the requesting agency needs more indians, and not more chiefs. (no Pun intended)

Just a thought. I do agree though-one should probably keep their dirty laundry in house.

Jim

Comment

I guess I should have been more specific.. I was not talking about my chief I was talking about neighboring Depts. So if people make conclusions on subjects on guesses the seem to look stupid. Do you guess if there are victims trapped in a structure. NO!!! You see for yourself.... I speak for my whp;e dept.....

Comment

Well then, I guess that I would like to say on behalf of many,- What in the He!! are you talking about? Your initial post lacks any substance, absolutely no information at all, so we are left to try to figure out what you are referring to. We have no clue what you mean when you say "BC".

I am going to make another assumption based on your posting and guess that you are a dispatcher, since you have made an initial statement which has no substance at all for anyone to derive any information from, and your follow up is almost as confusing.

Just what are you trying to say? No one here can figure it out.

And, just incidental to this, If I arrive on scene and do not know for certain if there are people trapped in a burning house, I assume there are until proven otherwise.

Jim

Comment

TCFD...this is not a bitch forum...if you have problems with a dept. or chief, or whoever you are so angry with..go through the proper chain of command...no sense in complaining about it here.....and it does not reflect good on your department.
                    stay safe brother

------------------
                    Engine / Squad Co.# 7

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on what the he!! you were talking about. As Fire Eater 07 stated, keep the whining to yourself. If you have a problem with another department not calling for mutual aid, get to the root of the problem...ask them. Further, if they are not required to have mutual aid toned then maybe the problem is SOG's. Make an effort to resolve problems before making a horse's pattuty out of yourself and your department. If the rest of your department has the same attitude as yourself, maybe that is why your neighbors do not want your assistance. I am in no way stating your department has an attitude like yours, I don't know you or your department. I can say your chief seems to have a good head on his shoulders judging from the posts he writes. Don't tarnish that.

Think before you act!!
                      Be safe and happy!!!!!
                      Striving for excellence and expecting no less!! CCFD

Comment

I am going to make another assumption based on your posting and guess that you are a dispatcher, since you have made an initial statement which has no substance at all for anyone to derive any information from, and your follow up is almost as confusing.

Just what are you trying to say? No one here can figure it out.

Jim[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, "50", What have you got against dispatchers???

Sorry, I JUST had to go there... I LOVE the sense of humor that you put into this.

To TCFDSTA1, GENERALLY, when someone posts here it is to ask a question or for assistance in some way. IF you have a beef with another dept. (and we DO see some of those), we USUALLY have some of the FACTS involved, IE; There was a structure fire 1 block from our station in another district and we weren't called and someone died... how can we prevent this from happening?

(As for MY situation above... it is fictional, I'm taking a stab at something that may or may not be involved).

I've been known to be a ballbreaker... but I'm willing to try to teach/lead first... and then if THAT doesn't work... OH WELL!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X