X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Water Ball Construction Plans

Hi Everyone...

I work as the Fire Chief of a Boy Scout Camp, our camp has it's own fire truck which we use for protecting over 1400 acres camp of mostly wooded property, protecting the camp buildings, and for teaching the 1800+ Scouts and 800+ Leaders that attend our camp each summer about fire safety.

The Truck a 1972 Ford Waterous Pumper was donated by The City of St. Clair Shores Michigan) Fire Department in 1999. The truck has the basic fire fighting equipment on it (a few sections of hose, a couple of nozzels, and a few helmets)... and we are always looking for donations for it.. If interesting in donating, please e-mail me...

With the donation of this truck (Engine 5) we have started a Fire Venture Crew with 19 youth members, and about 6 adults. We use the truck each week as a demonstration for the campers, and for training for the crew.

We have attend several different events since receiving Engine 5... The Annual Frankenmuth Fire Muster in Frankenmuth Michigan (1999, 2000), and the Michigan Fireman's Memorial in Roscommon (2000).

Last year while at the Fireman's Memorial, we noticed a fun game and thought to ourselves that it would be a fun event for the Scouts and Leaders to try out... That event was "Water Ball."

We have been searching for a few months now for a diagram on the design of popular game "Water Ball", and haven't found anything yet. We are looking for the course diagram and the actual design plans for constructing a water ball...

If anyone has these plans please e-mail them to me...

Also if anyone would like to donate any equipment to the truck please e-mail me...

Thanks again...
    "And Remember.... Be Safe Out There....!"

------------------
    Chief Timothy J. Dumas
    Eagle Scout
    Station 1, Engine 5
    Cole Canoe Base
    Detroit Area Council
    Boy Scouts of America

Chief Dumas, check out this website, if you email or call them, they should be able to send you information on the rules, and regs for waterball competition. At least they're the rules for the State of Illinois.
    www.state.il.us/osfm
    ------------------
    JMK271
    ***Stay safe out there***
    ***These opinion(s) are my own, and not that of the department in which I serve***

[This message has been edited by jmk271 (edited 04-23-2001).]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X