Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about we put it on pay-per-view, and the proceeds go to a trust fund for the victim's families?

Comment

I think he would probably rather have a fireing squad or or hanging; it would be all the more dramatic and make him even more of a martyr. Lethal injection is probably the calmest and most torturous for him. However, that ebola virus thing wouldn't be too bad either. After all, it is an injection and it is certainly lethal. I guess putting him in a building and blowing it sky high is out of the question.

From what I have seen on the news, the families of the victims want absolutely nothing to do with any prophit made from his book or execution videos or anything. They don't want anything to do with him.

Matt

Comment

I believe I read yesterday that a judge had denied his execution to the internet. He isn't a martyr, much as he would like to consider himself one, and I don't think we should treat him like one. His death should be given no more publicity than any other sick Joe Blow.

However, with that being said, I think my father, before he died, had the right punishment for this animal. He believed that McVeigh (God, I even hate the sound of the name)should be put in an 8 X 10 cell, build a block wall around it, unmortared. Allow a stream of water to slowly pour down on this "building", trickling in on him. Eventually enough water would cause the building to collapse all around him, but no one knows when, including him. Oh, he also believed that there should be a ticking clock with him, so that he was reminded at all times, his days were numbered.

Comment

WOW!! Looper stole my idea!! I thought the same thing!!! Imagine the millions that probably would be made if they put it on pay-per-view??? I took it one step farther- Auction off the chance to be the one that pushes the plunger on the needles!!! Imagine some millionaire bidding a few hundred thousand to do that!! Give it all to the families!!!

------------------
          "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

Yes, millions would be made, BUT THAT KIND OF THING ON TV IS SICK!!!!!! It makes me want to vomit!!!! Go watch that episode of The Simpsons!!!!! Do you really want a bunch of drunken maniacs treating it like a football game? While the survivors and families of the victims sit at home crying and wondering how anyone could wathch it as if it were a sporting event? Think about the definition of a word called charity--giving to others without expecting anything in return (such as watching a man put to death).

At risk of playing the Devil's advocate, He is still technicaly a human being and as much as I hate to admit it He does still have human rights, even if He doesen't deserve them.

Althea

[This message has been edited by Althea Forhan (edited 04-20-2001).]

Comment

"He does still have human rights, even if He doesen't deserve them."

Sorry Althea, I disagree with you wholeheartedly. He relinquished any and all rights he had when he willfully, wantonly, and without humane conviction took the lives of 170 humans. You're right, technically he's a human, morally he's an evil animal that deserves any/all punishment that can be meted out to him.

He doesn't deserve any special treatment, such as his execution being televised, nor should his desires be considered. Yes, he should suffer, he won't, but he should the way he made those little babies suffer. I'm sorry, I have no human compassion for anyone that would do something like this animal has done.

Comment

In the end he will be brought before the ULTIMATE JUDGE for judgement. I feel that is sufficient punishment. Whether it is broadcast or not is probably not going to affect that JUDGEMENT at all.

Comment

Hey Nomad, why is blowing him sky high out of the question? I say they put him in a concrete and steel room with one bomb for each victim in it. Of course, each bomb would have a diferent time on it so the bas***d would never know which one would get him!

------------------
                  Stay Safe.
                  Firefighting... the only REAL job for us crazy ones

Comment

If I thought Cable TV would go for it I say make it a Pay-Per-View Event --- World-Wide! This A**hole knew what he was doing - I don't care what his defense says -- HE'S GUILTY AND DESERVES TO DIE !! Yeah that may sound harsh but all the Men, Women and Children this man killed never got a chance to appeal thier lives so why should McVeigh ? Tele-vise his execution PRIME TIME !! On all the Net-Works --- Hell, we tele-vise presidential addresses and sporting events why not a justified execution

------------------
                    STRATFORD FIRE CO. # 1 NEW JERSEY FIREMEN'S CONVENTION OVER-ALL CHAMPIONS 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000

Comment

Comwhite;
                      I understand entirely what you mean. But despite the terrible thing he did, we sink to his level to deny death in a dignified manner as he did to those 170 people. Let's show some respect to the families and survivors by respecting their right to see it in private.

Let's face it, watching the execution on TV is just plain ghoulish. Really, YUCK!!!

Q:If you were an extremist group plotting an act of terrorism, would you want it televised?
                      A:Yes!There's no such thing as bad PR!

By broadcasting the execution, we give McVeigh what he wanted in the first place.

Althea

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X