Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

McVeigh

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McVeigh

This realy isn't firefighting but a subject most public safety personal take to heart never the less. I have read that an internet co. is trying to display the execution of Tim McVeigh. As rough as it might sound I'm all for it, for most other people I don't think I would be, but this gutless Bast**d? Just wondering what other persons thoughts were.

I felt that as soon as the word Guilty came out he should of been taken to Oklahmoa City and have a public hanging at the site of the federal building for all of Oklahoma. His death will only bring some closure to what this gutless COWARD has done,
    Tim McViegh is gutless cold hearted coward who murderd incoent people

Comment

Tim McVeigh...what thoughts his name brings to me...I agree wholeheartedly this man must and will pay for the acts that he has committed, but if you think about it, 1) he has publicly stated he wants to be executed, that is telling me he is having a hard time adapting to Prison life and wants to be put out of his misery. So instead of letting him off his way, lets let him sit on Death Row for another 10 years and then put him down.. I know its our Tax Dollars that are feeding, housing him but make his life as hard as he has made the people of OK. City.. God bless the people of Oklahoma City and may there never be such a horrific act of terrorism on American soil again...

Comment

I am like the rest of you, I'd like to see him die for what he did, but how? We are giving him the martyrdom he desires with all the media coverage and the witnesses to the execution. This is not a punishment for him but a deliverance of sorts.

How do you hurt someone that wants to be hurt? The only way really is to ignore him, but our anger and outrage won't let us do that. We could put him in an anyonymous cell, give him no attention, kill him quietly and he wouldn't get what he wants.

But the families and the rescuers need closure. Who and what is most important?
        It's a tough call - but I'm afraid that the emotions of those who want to see him die will ultimately serve his purpose, and maybe that is for the best because frankly they mean more to me than he does. My fear would be that it would encourage the next McVeigh to carry on his 'legacy'.

I'm conflicted like most - there simply is no good answer.

------------------
        Susan Bednar
        Forsyth Rescue Squad (Captain)
        NCTF-1
        Griffith Volunteer FD

Comment

I have to agree with FireRebel, and NCRS! He want's to die, and unfortunetly, the US Gov is giving it to him exactly the way that he want's it. I'm in Canada, and we don't have Capital Punishement anymore (to the best of my knowledge), but I would rather have someone sit on Death Row, or wherever and let them think about what they did, remorse or not, than give them the injection, gas, electric chair. Just a thought.

------------------
          Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

Comment

Hmmm, Mcveight eh? Well, he has said in the past that he stopped appealing his death sentence because he can't bear the thought of spending forever in a jail cell. well why should he get off so easy? I say send him in a solitary cell with nothing more then a pound of bread a a gallon of water per week. let him waste away to nothing slowly and let him experience a great agaony just like his victims. I myself have no desire to watch him die however I understand many people do want to watch so go ahead, let it be broadcast....Its just a shame there isn't something more gruesome for him to go through.

Comment

I'm not sure that McVeigh's death is going to bring closure to the families and rescue workers. I tend to agree w/ those here that feel executing him is basically just him getting his last wish to be a glorified hero for all the other paranoid militia people in this country. I wouldn't want to be near a government building on the anniversaries of his execution.

...and on the same note. I think publically displaying his execution may be a bit dissappointing. Lethal injection is a pretty quite way to go...especially compared to what he did to his victims. It may frustrate me more to know he died like that than to know he is sitting in a prison cell.

Comment

i wish i was that guy that is going to inject him!

------------------
                Brian Cirard

Comment

I wouldn't mind sending him through a wood chipper....slowly of course, what that guy did is just incredible. No remorse and here he is getting what he wants again. Wouldnt it be great if Bush came in and said no to the execution? Force him into the situation I mentioned above? Well this is Bush were talking about, never happen

Comment

He makes my skin crawl. I don't think broadcasting his execution would be a good idea--taking the whole American facination with explosions and death too far. I don't know if anybody saw the episode of The Simpsons where they executed Snake on TV, but it made a valid point--a bunch of people drinking beer and eating popcorn while someone is executed.

Althea

Comment

I THINK DEATH BY INJECTION IS TO GOOD FOR THIS GUY. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO A FIREING SQUAD, OR THE OTHER BAD STUFF OUR ANCESTORS DID (I'M HISPANIC SO I THINK MINE HAD IT WORSE, BUT I'M NO HISTORY MAJOR)
                      I HATE THE GUY, BUT HE IS NO COWARD, IF HE WERE HE WOULD KEEP THE JUDICIAL BULLSH*T WITH APPEALS.I AM NOT FOR WHAT HE IS ALL ABOUT BUT I DO WISH THE PUNISHMENT SHOULD FIT THE CRIME!

Comment

He's susposed to die by lethal injection right? Did anybody say that it had to be quick?

My vote says shoot him up with a lil bit of HIV blood or maybe Ebola, hey how about Hep C?

This guy has single handedly justified the "slow death penalty".

Comment

I'm for tying him, naked, to a light pole in Oklahoma City and leaving him for those people to do with as they wish. Some of them surely know the old Indian ways.

Comment

I think the should blow off parts of him at a time. That way he can feel what he did. Ok I now I sick, but hey, an eye for an eye.

[This message has been edited by Kyle Wickman (edited 04-19-2001).]

Comment

I don't think the execution should be publically broadcast. He should not be given anymore publicity for his horrendous act.
                              Unfortunately, there will be more outrages in our society and we as firefighters, rescuers and EMS must be prepared to deal with the results of some sick mind's actions.

McVeigh deserves to die but we must guard against falling to his level.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X