Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you gonna do with your FIRE Act money???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice how this forum went from FIRE Act, to folks chatting about ISO rating.

You're right jmk271.

What I found funny was the guy that started this forum asks What are you gonna do with your FIRE Act money??? like it is our money.

This years money has confiscated from working Americans of this great nation and put into the federal treasury. When we started having a phantom surplus (money that has yet to be taken from us is a surplus?), they said "we can't give this back to the people, you won't spend it right (bc paraphrased) we've got to spend it." So they cooked up this scheme to buy votes.

But alas, that's a whole 'nother issue...

Comment

Ok Mongo.....I'll rephrase the title to this subject. How about I call it, "What are you gonna do with the FIRE Act money, should your department be lucky enough to get any of it?" I am really curious to see how biased this whole thing is going to turn out to be. I agree with your post Mongo, thanks for your input.

------------------
      JMK271
      ***Stay safe out there***
      ***These opinion(s) are my own, and not that of the department in which I serve***

Comment

"What are you gonna do with the FIRE Act money, should your department be lucky enough to get any of it?"

I can get with that. I failed to notice you started the topic, my apologies on any slights my statement the guy that started this forum caused.

mongo

Comment

Well if yo are a needy department what better thing can you do than invest in something that will via ISO save the people many times their contribution in matching funds? You could very well find a way via ISO to fund the entire operation of the FD. Give me 10 bucks a year I'll save you several hundred, sort of thing. It has worked lots of other places. This is a seed money grant, so buy some seed that will grow!

Comment

Maybe I'm just a dumb canuck but I have been following the Fire Act from the Great White North. I have an idea how about e-mailing George W. pictures of the aging apparatus and equipment that is used every day. Ask how he would feel if that 1st due 1960's pumper showed up at his house fire and told no one could go in because they didn't have the gear. Just a thought, put me in my place if I'm out of line.

Comment

No worries Mongo. I enjoy reading each and every opinion to these forums. No offense was taken.

------------------
              JMK271
              ***Stay safe out there***
              ***These opinion(s) are my own, and not that of the department in which I serve***

Comment

Originally posted by jmk271:
                What's everyone planning on spending their FIRE Act grant money on, if they are approved to recieve it??

Wildland turnouts, portable radios, generators and scene lighting.

------------------
                Bill Beall
                Assistant Fire Chief
                Silver City VFD, OK

Comment

Our department is looking to replace a 1967 pumper, yes this is our front line pumper, we are really crossing our fingers to get a new pumper.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X