This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Watch (TV SHOW)?

To all Firefighters, do you think the TV show Third Watch portrays what Firefighting is really like. And by the way is anybody going to check out the show that comes on tonight, looks exciting.

It's hard to tell since they hardly ever show any fire fighting! I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Comment

Hey, the show might not be perfect but, it's TV's most realistic attempt to show what we do. Yes, tonite's show should be interesting, I'll be watching it as usual! Be safe all.

Comment

It may not be a perfect representation of what we do, but it's better than some other "firefighting" shows that were on (Resuce 66, Backdraft).

Comment

It'll be a long time till we ever see such a great show about Firefighting like Emergency!, 3rd Watch, Well I must say that tonight's episode better live up to what it looks to be, It's not bad

Comment

I Have yet to see the previews or will I get to see it until I get home from Work Tonight around 12 -- {Good 'Ol VCR} There will never be another 'EMERGENCY' that was probably the best show that showed it like it is -- Third Watch raley shows Firefighting and has turned in to more of a soap opra since its inception but One thing we should all remember is that it is entertainment and to keep its ratings and general audiance it needs to show some things that are a bit of the wall -- I don't think people would tune in each week to watch guys washing trucks and mopping floors with out a run {Some days are like this in the fire service} Now Explosions, And people Jumping out Windows and being caught by thier ankles by the rescuer ... Yeah now that sells ratings --- I have been told that tonight't episode should be a good one

------------------
            "S.F.C. Home of the New Jersey State Fire Firemen's Association Convention Champions 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2000

Comment

it was a goood one
              did you catch the radio problem like what fdny really had a problem with
              shame about lanbardi
              and the realsim was good
              2197 over and out
              stay safe and have fun

Comment

OK... I gotta give it to 'em. A thumbs-up that is. Great show and the realism wasn't nearly as far off as I had expected it to be. I just hope they keep up this level of work. Be safe all.

Comment

I watched part of the show tonight. It wasn't bad keeping in mind the fact that its entertainment and not the real thing. I don't think they do a bad job all thing considered. I don't normally watch these kinds of shows just because I tend to get wound up by the actions of characters. A perfect example is when they show Firefighters in a burning structure and there is all kinds of fires around but, there isn't any smoke and they are able to walk upright in the structure in a area with a large amount of fire.
                  I'd much prefer to watch a video of an actual fire versus a Hollywood type fire. I have several Clemco GTI videos and I'd rather watch them than Third Watch. This is only my opinion I'm sure there are many people who really like the show which is fine I'm just not one of them.

Comment

Hey what a great episode....it had it's downsides but overall pretty good.. I like the way they protrayed some of our thinking. Got to admit I had an instance like that but on a much smaller scale and it hit home. Especially to the wife.

Comment

I wanted to see it, but this hot girl called me. and we talked for an hour and a half. so that was better than a tv show. But, from what I half saw it was good. I hope I see it in reapeats and can watch it. that's my two cents

Comment

I thought it was pretty good! It showed some great things like the "brotherhood" and then the not so great things like fighting fire standing up and that kinds of things but over all I say way to go!

------------------
                        Stay Safe and remember to put the wet stuff on the red stuff

Comment

I my opinion, tonight's episode could quite possibly be one of the best, if not the best one yet. I know there were things in it that made it unrealistic but, for a T.V. show, I think they did well. I thought it was awesome. I stayed glued to the T.V. for the entire hour.
                          ~Courtney

Comment

To Haligan125" When did you start liking girls???..hehehehehehe(little joke).

From what I saw tonight the show I thought was awesome! I was watching sport center on ESPN and the guy that Jimmy tried to save and the one that had the big mouth on Engine 86 that pulled in front of the station was a pro football player for the N.Y. Gaints. I thought that was kind of cool.

It was about time they did something about the FDNY. I think they were trying to reanact the Worcestor Storage fire. Did you notice the radio problems and how the chief said nobody else could enter the building.

But all in all a very good episode by the way what happened to the FF that had some burns did he end up dying??(miss that part)

Comment

How many picked up the helmet coming out of the building.

This was the one of the first thing I was taught 25 years ago. Before there were FAST Teams and PASS Devices When in trouble the hat comes off and out a window or door.

That's about as real as it gets.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X