This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your oldest apparatus?

Hello. Me again. Just wondering what some of the "Classics" are that are out there. Personally, our oldest is a 1977 Chevy 1500 gal tanker. Darn good truck. We just got rid of a 1976 electricians utility truck that we modified at purchase. This thing was so worn out the rear doors were rusted through. Probably made a thousand MVA's/rescues with that thing though. Just bringing back a little nostalgia!

------------------
    Michael Wood
    FF/EMT

We have a 1929 Ahrens Fox. It isnt a front line engine though.

Comment

Our oldest frontline piece is a 1977 Seagrave Pumper. We have a 1940 Seagrave that we use as a parade truck.

[This message has been edited by firecadetak (edited 04-15-2001).]

Comment

Ha, is 1977 the best you can do...We operate our both front line pumpers from 1969, our rescues are 1974 and our Tanker is a 1954 Ford...That isn't even reserves or museum pieces, this is our front line Apparatus... just my humble post anyway.

------------------
        ...James
        [email protected]
        Training Officer
        Olney - Walluski Fire District # 35 (Oregon)

Comment

Engine 631: 1965 International 190 American
          1000 Gallon Tank
          500 GPM American Front Mount Pump
          Fastest truck in the barn.
          First out engine for all brush fires, runs on all structure alarms.

Will be sold this fall as a new tanker will take it's place.

Comment

Our oldest is a 1978 Chevy Brush truck. The oldest engine we have is a 1981 Pierce that is going to be for sale soon.

Comment

Our department's city truck is a 1964 American LaFrance. Pretty sad when the "city fathers" think 750 gpm is good enough for a city our size (3500 pop.) We just got back our city's first motorized pumper. A 1916 American LaFrance which needs a lot of restoration.

Comment

Our oldest Piece is a 1973 CF Mack Pumper. 1250 GPM pump 600 gallon tank. Its in Excellent condition looks very sharp. We use it as a second out Engine. We have our Rescue tools on it as well. Just a great truck runs well very reliable. I think Mack should go back to producing the CF. maybe take and update the design a little and provide a little more head and leg room up front. It gets a little tight up front with your gear on.

Comment

1973 Han pumper, 500 gallon tank, 3" supply, sweet piece of apparatus. We used to have a Hahn-LTI ladder truck that looked just like it, but was a 1975, I believe. Sold it in 1992, and I miss that truck so much. It used to bend in the middle (the wrong way) but was a blast to ride with the wind in your face. Oh... the memories...

Comment

1956 International/Boardman 2 man cab, 5x2 manual tranny, 750gpm, 750 gal. - It's a reserve, but still has all gear to go front line if front line is out of service. But it's a backup to the backup. Front line is a '98 Pierce.

Parade piece is owned by the firefighter's association (not the dept, but the members). It's a 1930? Ford ALF hose tender - once belonged to the Roundhill CT VFD. It's been fully restored.

Comment

We just retired a 1969 Ward LaFrance on a Ford C-800 chassis. That makes our oldest unit a 1989 Pierce Dash. We bought a beautiful 2001 Pierce Saber with a black top to replace it. Our first pumper, a 1936 Seagrave, is now in our city park for kids to play on.

------------------
                      Be safe.

Comment

We just retired a 1969 Ward LaFrance on a Ford C-800 chassis. That makes our oldest unit a 1989 Pierce Dash. We bought a beautiful 2001 Pierce Saber with a black top to replace it. Our first pumper, a 1936 Seagrave, is now in our city park for kids to play on.

------------------
                        Be safe.

Comment

Our oldest piece is a 52' Howe open top pumper. It's our reserve engine at the HQ station. It runs like a race horse, it just don't stop all that great. To give you an idea how long we have had it, my grandfather bought it when he was the chief in my dept.

------------------
                          When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

Comment

Firewood... Great topic selection!

My present department's oldest truck is a 1964 Dodge Brush Unit, still rolls to all brush fires (when the brakes work!).

My first department's oldest truck is a 1961 (it's definately early 60's, I'm almost positive it's a '61) Mack C-85 open cab. Manual steering, manual trans, and a clutch that will snap your leg if you aren't careful. It was referred to as a "man's fire truck" cuz if you were mn enough to drive it you were man enough to fight fires. It still rolls first in the unlikely event of that department actually getting a call.

Comment

Our oldest piece of Apparatus is a 1969 Mack Pumper our oldest parade piece is a 1866 Amsokeg Steamer and we have a 1932 Sanford Hose Truck.

" Firefighting: Almost as good as sex."

These opions are my own and do not represent my department"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X